ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendered passport now reqd British Passport appn

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

Surrendered passport now reqd British Passport appn

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Upon receiving the British Registration certificate for my 6-year old son a few months ago, we formally surrendered his Indian passport to the Indian High Commission following the renunciation process.

I have now discovered that the British Passport Office requires the original Indian passport for his [first child passport] application; which i cannot produce in original though we have some good copies, and extensive documentation of each stage of immigration.

I have a Fast Track appointment in a week: will a covering letter explaining the circumstances and producing copies suffice? Or have i just set off a huge problem for myself??!!

In this case, what are my options?

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 pm

How did indian embassy allow you to surrender your indian passport without posessing british passport?

In the app form they clearly have a question to fill regarding british passport number and place of issue etc..

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Applicati ... .02.12.pdf

So wondering how did they allow you to submit the same without those informaiton..

anyways i think u will be fine explaing the same in your appt..

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

To clarify, The Indian embassy accepted a British certificate of registration number as I was trying to accelerate this process to apply for a Indian visa at the next stage - as agreed in person at the High Commission with the Passport Officer.

Is it my understanding that Indian passport copies will suffice at the British Passport appointment?

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 pm

SpokenHands wrote:Thank you for your prompt response.

To clarify, The Indian embassy accepted a British certificate of registration number as I was trying to accelerate this process to apply for a Indian visa at the next stage - as agreed in person at the High Commission with the Passport Officer.

Is it my understanding that Indian passport copies will suffice at the British Passport appointment?
did give you any paperwork confirming that Indian passport was surrendered?
if so take that with you as well.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm

can you post your queries in a single thread instead of multiple posts?

in your other two posts you asked about passport surrender timeline and now in this thread you have already surrendered the passport!!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=137858

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=137852

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm

With respect, I don't see what the problem is.

My wife was at the High Commission working through our options (without access to the internet); whereas I was at work able to access this forum for advice at different point on a day during which time we needed to act quickly.

Thank you to those who have been able to provide meaningful support. Much appreciated as always

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Again, with respect, Your multiple posts are off topic and unhelpful.
You may be surprised to know I understood you the first time. You don't need to spend valuable Sage time preaching to the converted. Good night

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 am

SpokenHands wrote:Again, with respect, Your multiple posts are off topic and unhelpful.
You may be surprised to know I understood you the first time. You don't need to spend valuable Sage time preaching to the converted. Good night
wow this forum is becoming ruthless calm down