ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Family Life as a parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samixade
Newly Registered

Post by samixade » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 am

I am helping a friend source for information here. She came into the UK in 2006 and has been leaving here since. Presently, she has overstayed her visa and she had a fling with a british citizen which was looking serious at the time (all lies from the father) until after the birth of their child who through the father acquired british citizenship because he is named on the birth certificate. she only recently discovered that he is married to another woman and has some kids by another woman (still procreating with her as another one is on the way)
Presently she can't work because of her expired basis of stay.
Can she apply for limited leave to remain as a parent of a british child?
How can she prove sole parental responsibility even though the fathers name is on the birth certificate?
The eligibility requirements requires either access right or sole parental responsibility but as the mother whom the child lives with and has being living with she can't go through access right.
I will be glad if someone can help discuss this situation better.

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(O) Family Life as a parent

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

samixade wrote:I am helping a friend source for information here. She came into the UK in 2006 and has been leaving here since. Presently, she has overstayed her visa and she had a fling with a british citizen which was looking serious at the time (all lies from the father) until after the birth of their child who through the father acquired british citizenship because he is named on the birth certificate. she only recently discovered that he is married to another woman and has some kids by another woman (still procreating with her as another one is on the way)
Presently she can't work because of her expired basis of stay.
Can she apply for limited leave to remain as a parent of a british child?
How can she prove sole parental responsibility even though the fathers name is on the birth certificate?
The eligibility requirements requires either access right or sole parental responsibility but as the mother whom the child lives with and has being living with she can't go through access right.

I will be glad if someone can help discuss this situation better.
Hiya! Welcome to the forum!
As the child is Britrish and its unreasonable to expect the child to leave UK to go to mother's birth country, especially if the childs father has a good relationship and bond with the child and wants to platy active role in its upbringing, then I think the best way to go is Zambrano route...
As the mother is a sole carer of a British child.
Do a search on here, there is a good thread about it hun!
All the best!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

samixade
Newly Registered

Post by samixade » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:57 am

why zambrano route and not flr(O) family as a parent. she meets basically all requirements i suppose apart from the complex issue of sole parental responsibility or access rights... please guys your help will be needed. thanks

whataconfusion
Newly Registered

Post by whataconfusion » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 am

According the to the form FLR(O)
the requirement is

A court document issued by the courts showing your access rights; or
Evidence from your former partner that you have access rights; or
Evidence that the child normally resides with you; or
Evidence that you have sole responsibility for the child

so as far as I see here you only need to provide evidence one of the above, which could be "evidence that the child normally resides with you"

I have another question here, if you can please shed some light on it.
my daughter has reached 7 years of age and in a flick of bad luck my employer's sponsor licence has been revoked nearly 2 months ago and currently I am on the curtailed 60 days leave.
I am only 6 months away from 10 yrs long lawful residence.
since both of the us (parents) are not British and living together with the child. do you thing we can still exercise this application route "parent of a child"????
I am confused on the policy, rule and wording in most of the documentations where it says parent (not parents) of a child.
I have only 2 more days left to put up an in time application.
A clarification on this situation shall be much obliged