ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: UPDATE

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 pm

babycakes wrote:So post man came today with news from HO.

Ho wanted me to provide evidence my child was living with me, so i sent the prove off today!

Awaiting their decision.
After 14 months wait ,3 letters from my MP, a complaint letter to HO and Rob white-man. I turn to the Ombudsman who requested the UKBA to deal with application without further delay.

I am so happy my celebration starts from today i haven,t got a decision yet but i know HO cant refuse me or else trial,appeal court whatever you call it.

I am well prepared!

Only me you were right the postman came looking for me instead. lol
Babycakes you will surely be granted!!!!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 pm

@babycake

Told you it will come hahahaha just know wetin 2week your papers are coming back to you sweetheart am soooo happy for you and hey don't lie you been looking out the window for the post man since you heard you got a letter coming hahahaha

Big congrats in advance

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Ho wanted me to provide evidence my child was living with me, so i sent the prove off today!

Awaiting their decision.
After 14 months wait ,3 letters from my MP, a complaint letter to HO and Rob white-man. I turn to the Ombudsman who requested the UKBA to deal with application without further delay.

I am so happy my celebration starts from today i haven,t got a decision yet but i know HO cant refuse me or else trial,appeal court whatever you call it.

I am well prepared!

Babycakes I have been checking this forum the whole of today just for your update lol,so happy your getting through. If you don't mind me asking what sort of documents did you send to them?

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@babycake

Told you it will come hahahaha just know wetin 2week your papers are coming back to you sweetheart am soooo happy for you and hey don't lie you been looking out the window for the post man since you heard you got a letter coming hahahaha

Big congrats in advance
@onlyme

You are so right lol i have been waiting patiently by the door, been worried as i didnt know what these bastards wanted but proving my child lives with me was easy lol.

no bank statements and all that crap!

Please people dont give up fight fight fight i was an over stayer for 7yrs until 2009.
i didnt even have a passport to supply the HO in 2008 because they took it away upon arrival at Heathrow when I first came.

thanks time 503 and onlyme.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

sanny26 wrote:

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

Babycakes I have been checking this forum the whole of today just for your update lol,so happy your getting through. If you don't mind me asking what sort of documents did you send to them?
@sanny

Dentist letter, school acceptance letter, child tax credit letter, letter from my ex's solicitor chasing me for contact, letter from my solicitor agreeing contact.

My solicitor even wrote a covering letter free of charge,(he was employed to work on divorce papers).I did the initial application myself.

All this was done today!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

@sanny

Dentist letter, school acceptance letter, child tax credit letter, letter from my ex's solicitor chasing me for contact, letter from my solicitor agreeing contact.

My solicitor even wrote a covering letter free of charge,(he was employed to work on divorce papers).I did the initial application myself.

All this was done today!
You were more than ready for the HO! Boy I'm so glad for you

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:44 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

@sanny

All this was done today!
@babycakes...this is good progress...a decision should be made soon...

verbina
Russia

Re: FLRO APPPLICATION

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Time503 wrote:Hi everyone,
I've been following this tread for some weeks now and decided to register and add my timeline as i've found it quite informative.

Application Submitted: 20/9/2012
Acknowledgement received: 4/10/12
Biometric requested: 22/2/13
Biometric letter received: 28/2/13
Biometric Done: 8/3/13
Decision: Waiting

:o :o
Hiya ! Can I just ask a real dumb question :oops: ....
In your timeline it says Biometric letter requested-biometrics letter received-biometrics done.
Did you request a biometrics invitation letter to be sent to you yourself?
Its just that I must be the only person on this forum still waiting for biometrics invitation letter lol, so I wonder if Im doing something wrong..
Thanks in advance hun!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 pm

verbina wrote:
I've been following this tread for some weeks now and decided to register and add my timeline as i've found it quite informative.

In your timeline it says Biometric letter requested-biometrics letter received-biometrics done.
Its just that I must be the only person on this forum still waiting for biometrics invitation letter lol, so I wonder if Im doing something wrong..
Thanks in advance hun!
It can take some time to get biometric invitation. Nothing to worry about
Godgives

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:13 pm

verbina wrote:

Thanks in advance hun!
Hi verbina
No I did not request for it, it just means the date on the biometrics letter. Hope this makes sense.
When did u apply? And how comes ur bio letter has not arrived yet! I know there are situations on this forum where people had to ask their mp to interven before they had a bio letter sent out.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 pm

[quote="babycakes"]So post man came today with news from HO.

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

Congrats in advance...I am sure you will get a positive reply....I have been waiting for your update today ,,,lol

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 pm

GodGives wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks in advance hun!
It can take some time to get biometric invitation. Nothing to worry about
@GodGives, thank you very much for taking your time to answer and your patience :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks in advance hun!
Hi verbina
No I did not request for it, it just means the date on the biometrics letter. Hope this makes sense.
When did u apply? And how comes ur bio letter has not arrived yet! I know there are situations on this forum where people had to ask their mp to interven before they had a bio letter sent out.
@Time503, thank you very much for your answer, it makes perfect sense I suppose, but like I said, everyone else seems to have their bios done pretty soon after submitting their applications.... So Im just feeling the odd one out lol :)
I only applied 5 months ago 31/02/13, so I know I mustn't grumble, but after 6 months mark Ill have to engage my MP, as suggested by the wise folk on here ;)

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 pm

SDP wrote:

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

Congrats in advance...I am sure you will get a positive reply....I have been waiting for your update today ,,,lol
@SDP

Lol thanks my dear. Think the backlog will be shifted this summer for sure.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 pm

egoneo wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm Post subject:
It gives me great joy within my heart to see that people are finally getting a response from the home office. I have been going through this site like the bible, day and night and have been costumed to saying a prayer right before I close the page. My situation has been similar to some found in this section of the forum and it is with great relief to actually know that I am not alone and some people better or worse off but all in all we have to thank God cos the sun keeps shining brighter every week with good news flowing right in.

I came here in December of 2001 at the age of 20 with just a suitcase of 1 jeans and 2 shirts, on a visiting visa and with the environment that i was in, i believed that i could make better of myself and decided to stay. i tried to legalise my stay, changing my visit visa to a student but was denied and advised to go back to country of origin to reapply to which i ignored based on the fact that all my family members were british and living here but I was not born here. To cut the long story short, I managed to put myself through college and University with the original letter of acknowledgement from the home office. Just by the grace of God no questions was ever asked and I managed to work till I graduated.

After graduation, I have been through all sort of lawyers to help legalise my stay with money thrown down the pipe and no conclusion reached, it was until last year I managed to find one worthy and managed to apply for FLR (O) based on family life and my timeline is as follows;

Date of application: 23rd of December 2012 FLR (O)
Acknowledgement letter Received: 17th of January 2013
Biometric Letter Invitation: 15th March 2013
Biometric Enrolment: Same Day
BRP: Still Waiting.
Document: Still Waiting.....

I have searched high and low to see if a case like mine exists but unfortunately not. Can anyone pls tell me if there is hope in my case????

I pray the good lord who has started our journeys individually wi definitely finish it and to all of us who are still waiting, I believe the wait is over. (Amen).
just curious, at what age did you graduate?

The thing about the ukba, that people need to realise. is that they will always deny you at first. they will push you into a corner. to the point that it seems all hope is lost. You have to keep pushing back, dont stop and keep persisting. They will eventually use their common sense, something that is not so common to them, and grant you your visa.

I graduated at 28 with masters degree. Cos I had to go to college first to net the country's gcse and a'level criteria. It's all scary though but the lawyer said I do have a strong case but hey it's the man above that can guarantee anything when it comes to those at the home office

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:30 am

Time503 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Awaiting their decision.

I am well prepared!

@sanny

All this was done today!
You were more than ready for the HO! Boy I'm so glad for you
@time

Believe me I think it was luck i happened to have all the documents needed at hand so I return them without delay. This is so draining.
Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 am

sso i called again am told applicatin with case worker and should get a decision by end of summer??????? my question is how many months will they use to decise one case cos at the public office they do it within just 2 hours so what are they talkig about??

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 am

majojo wrote:sso i called again am told applicatin with case worker and should get a decision by end of summer??????? my question is how many months will they use to decise one case cos at the public office they do it within just 2 hours so what are they talkig about??

hmm i call ed again 3 minutes later am told application is not with case worer..... hmm these peopleare just liars ...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

majojo wrote:
majojo wrote:sso i called again am told applicatin with case worker and should get a decision by end of summer??????? my question is how many months will they use to decise one case cos at the public office they do it within just 2 hours so what are they talkig about??

hmm i call ed again 3 minutes later am told application is not with case worer..... hmm these peopleare just liars ...
Urrrrm seriously??!!! WTF?!
What kind of flipping chaos is going on there atm?!
I mean its just wrong!
Have you got the name of a person who gave you that first info?
Suppose you could phone back and ask for an explanation, stating that so and so person just given you the following info, which contradicts the info given in a second call bla bla....
Then again, whats the point, coz clearly they can say whatever they like and no one is held accountable for it :(

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:

I mean its just wrong!
Suppose you could phone back and ask for an explanation, stating that so and so person just given you the following info, which contradicts the info given in a second call bla bla....
Then again, whats the point, coz clearly they can say whatever they like and no one is held accountable for it :(

i did. shewas like you case is not with a case worker a, ike not with or with n she said NOT with. and i was like well i was told just about 3 mins ago that it is with. n she was like hold on let me check. n she was like not n that by end of summer i should hear from them. am like when you say end of summer can you tell me the exact moth she said no i can not tell you. they first person is called Jane. thats al i remeber. man i wish i had the address to theresa mays and john vine as well as the chief executive officerof home office. this is just simple. employ more worker i and also work around theclock 247 this will reduce the figures drastically. all they do is say its taking long....

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 am

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:

I mean its just wrong!

i did. shewas like you case is not with a case worker a, ike not with or with n she said NOT with. and i was like well i was told just about 3 mins ago that it is with. n she was like hold on let me check. n she was like not n that by end of summer i should hear from them. am like when you say end of summer can you tell me the exact moth she said no i can not tell you. they first person is called Jane. thats al i remeber. man i wish i had the address to theresa mays and john vine as well as the chief executive officerof home office. this is just simple. employ more worker i and also work around theclock 247 this will reduce the figures drastically. all they do is say its taking long....
Typical nonsense! Well, fingers crossed it ll only be another couple of months or so for you!

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:

I mean its just wrong!

Typical nonsense! Well, fingers crossed it ll only be another couple of months or so for you!
am believimg so... pls is i may ask how come you havnt done ur bio?? cos my time line is almost as u sntapplication 15th jan ack=17th jan bio=18th march but was askd to do again as first one was not captured so did again=26th march.... waiting

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 am

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
I mean its just wrong!

am believimg so... pls is i may ask how come you havnt done ur bio?? cos my time line is almost as u sntapplication 15th jan ack=17th jan bio=18th march but was askd to do again as first one was not captured so did again=26th march.... waiting
Exactly hun! I got almost the same timeline as you and Im still waiting to be called in to do bios.... :( I know everyone says it doesnt mean anything and for some people it just takes longer to get bio invitation, but I cant help but worry.... And its like 5 months already! Grrrrrrr! :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

@majojo Btw is it a first application for you or extension?
I didnt realise you could phone HO before the 6 months mark and you are still 2 weeks under 6 months... I wonder if I should phone too?!! looool

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:

I mean its just wrong!

Majojo honestly these people are liars! They've been told to lie to applicants when they call for updates.
They believe if they tell us it's a caseworker we will get off their backs for some time. All they are doing is trying to buy more time and I'm beginning to have doubts now about this end of summer speech they've been telling every one.
It's so unfair how they are treating people!!!