ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOT ILR @ Glasgow PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeemr
Newly Registered

GOT ILR @ Glasgow PEO

Post by naeemr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks GOD, Today I got ILR at Glasgow PEO. I would like to thanks all who share their questions and success story.

The experience was very good at Glasgow PEO and the staff was polite and helpful at Glasgow. Only few people were there to apply for visa. I saw only 11 people in total until 2:30 PM.

I had an appointment at 11:00 and approval informed at 2:30 PM.

Initially they told me the earliest time that you will get answer by 12:50 but it took more time.

My case was WP, then Tier 2, then Tier 1.

The document submitted was

SET (O) form
Photographs
12 month payslips + employer letter
12 month bank statement
Life in UK test (me and my wife)
Outside UK days in excel sheet (no cover letter from employer. I have only 165 days outside UK
Cohab doc (Marriage certificate, my two daughters birth certificate) and the guy receiving doc told me that it is enough (however I have more documents)

Thats all fro my side and my experience about Glasgow PEO (However they don't accept application from self employed persons).

Prash_13
Newly Registered

Post by Prash_13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,

Can you please share more details?

Did CW ask you any questions?
Did you submit any supporting documents for the period you worked under WP?
Did you worked for the same employer for the last 5 years?

Thanks

naeemr
Newly Registered

Post by naeemr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm

No CW did not ask a single question. I met with him only when he came down to let me know that the ILR approved.

However when I submitted my document before that he ( who register my case on system not caseworker) knew that I am on WP +Tier 2 +Tier 1. I think he retrieved my data by my name or DoB.

Prash_13
Newly Registered

Post by Prash_13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. If possible can you please reply to other 2 questions.

I am confused that what supporting documents I need to submit for the WP. In Set (O) form, it says "If you were a work permit holder, documents confirming that you were in the employment for which a work
permit was issued throughout the period concerned"

Your answer will be helpful.

onabanjo

Re: GOT ILR @ Glasgow PEO

Post by onabanjo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm

naeemr wrote:Thanks GOD, Today I got ILR at Glasgow PEO. I would like to thanks all who share their questions and success story.

The experience was very good at Glasgow PEO and the staff was polite and helpful at Glasgow. Only few people were there to apply for visa. I saw only 11 people in total until 2:30 PM.

Initially they told me the earliest time that you will get answer by 12:50 but it took more time.

SET (O) form
Photographs
12 month bank statement
Outside UK days in excel sheet (no cover letter from employer. I have only 165 days outside UK
Cohab doc (Marriage certificate, my two daughters birth certificate) and the guy receiving doc told me that it is enough (however I have more documents)

Thats all fro my side and my experience about Glasgow PEO (However they don't accept application from self employed persons).
Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 am

naeemr wrote:No CW did not ask a single question. I met with him only when he came down to let me know that the ILR approved.

However when I submitted my document before that he ( who register my case on system not caseworker) knew that I am on WP +Tier 2 +Tier 1. I think he retrieved my data by my name or DoB.
After successful ILR, will UKBA return Tier 1 BRP card or not ? and what is the payment method have you used ?

Jugs
Newly Registered

Post by Jugs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi naeemr,

Firstly Congrats!

Please can you advise, what documents you submitted for your WP period?

regards
Jugs

stokbrig

Re: GOT ILR @ Glasgow PEO

Post by stokbrig » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:44 am

naeemr wrote:Thanks GOD, Today I got ILR at Glasgow PEO. I would like to thanks all who share their questions and success story.

SET (O) form
Photographs
12 month bank statement

Congratulations.what is the payment method have you used ? Is chip and pin facility available now at Glasgow? and did they ask you to leave the office for some time until approval? Thanks

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Congratulations on your successful ILR.

One of the things you mentioned Glasgow PEO were not accepting applicaitons from self-employed applicants;
1- Is this the case for anyone who was employed + self-employed at his first grant of Tier1?

2- or this is only applicable who were employed + self-employed after the grant of Tier 1 extension?

3- or they don't treat applicants who were only self-employed during 5 years period of Tier 1?