ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Received

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dawn786

Visa Received

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks to each member of this forum for sharing invaluable advice and information. I could not believe myself when I opened the free post letter containing my T1 Ent BRP card!!!

PSW 50K, Funds in UK bank account
Applied 16 May
Acknowledgment letter 23 May
Biometric given - 7th June
BRP received - 18th June

nhpatel9
Mood:
India

Hi

Post by nhpatel9 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

That was Quick!
Lucky u. Congrats!!!

Regards.

Dawn786

Re: Hi

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 pm

nhpatel9 wrote:That was Quick!
Lucky u. Congrats!!!

Regards.
Thanks nhpatel9...yes even i am surprised by the quick turn around of UKBA.

javb
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Received

Post by javb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Dawn786 wrote:Thanks to each member of this forum for sharing invaluable advice and information. I could not believe myself when I opened the free post letter containing my T1 Ent BRP card!!!

Applied 16 May
BRP received - 18th June
Congrats, can you please tell me what documents you sent with your application

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

congats....that was quick....
did u receive ur brp through freepost?
Last edited by Darvesh on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

congrats and good luck

Dawn786

Re: Visa Received

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:23 pm

javb wrote:
Dawn786 wrote:Thanks to each member of this forum for sharing invaluable advice and information. I could not believe myself when I opened the free post letter containing my T1 Ent BRP card!!!

Applied 16 May
BRP received - 18th June
Congrats, can you please tell me what documents you sent with your application
thanks javb, i sent the documents exactly as listed in the policy guidance, nothing more nothing less.

1 pass/psw brp/2 photo
2 visa fee
3 application form
4 covering letter
5 CV
6 business plan
7 gumtree advert/Consultancy registration
8 1 business contract
9 director appointment report (printout from website and not bought from company house for 3pound as most of the members suggested)
10 company house docs
11 HMRC welcome letter
12 degree certificate
13 90 days maintenance statement
14 balance confirmation letter

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Darvesh wrote:congats....that was quick....
did u receive ur brp through freepost?
Thanks darvesh, and yes it came in a freepost letter which was dropped in my door without any recorded signature.

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:26 pm

rehan01 wrote:congrats and good luck
Thanks rehan01, I should say special thanks to you as you were one of the first forum member who encouraged me to make my visa file without any solicitors help. It worked alhumdullilah

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:30 pm

u r welcome and no need to thanks bro ...... I am glad that it worked all well for you as some of the people are waiting from almost 8 months or more and still no update .... so u r super lucky ...... and regarding advice not to use solicitor for tier1 believe me I had so many bad experiences in past not wit visa but in general so my understanding is they are as good as we make them and to get something done frm them you have to act like a solicitor yourself ....... but sometime we have no choice apart from going to them coz we r not a solicitor by profession. (eg declarations and appeals etc)

good luck and all the best.

Dawn786 wrote:
Thanks rehan01, I should say special thanks to you as you were one of the first forum member who encouraged me to make my visa file without any solicitors help. It worked alhumdullilah

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 pm

I could not say more thanks to the Almighty for showing his grace...I wish each member the best of luck in their case outcome.

I am sharing here a website link of a online consultancy register. I have registered my company with this consultancy register and submitted the registration printout with my application. It will satisfies the requirement as per guidance point 121. "Personal registration with a trade’s body linked to your occupation."

http://www.consultancyregister.com/

rehan01 wrote:u r welcome and no need to thanks bro ...... I am glad that it worked all well for you as some of the people are waiting from almost 8 months or more and still no update .... so u r super lucky ...... and regarding advice not to use solicitor for tier1 believe me I had so many bad experiences in past not wit visa but in general so my understanding is they are as good as we make them and to get something done frm them you have to act like a solicitor yourself ....... but sometime we have no choice apart from going to them coz we r not a solicitor by profession. (eg declarations and appeals etc)

good luck and all the best.

Dawn786 wrote:

Smartpen

Post by Smartpen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

Congrats bro... U r a lucky person.... U r the 2nd member received very quick.

All the best for future
Smart

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am

Congrats Mate

Did you received all original documents also in free post like BRP .

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Congratulations

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks Smartpen, Itk and kapoorinusa. Yes I received all my originals documents with passport back this morning by 2nd class post. The approval letter dated 13/06 was inside the envelope as well. So technically they issued visa within 3 working days after i gave my biometrics (Friday 07/06)
kapoorinusa wrote:Congrats Mate

javb
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by javb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Dawn786 wrote:Thanks Smartpen, Itk and kapoorinusa. Yes I received all my originals documents with passport back this morning by 2nd class post. The approval letter dated 13/06 was inside the envelope as well. So technically they issued visa within 3 working days after i gave my biometrics (Friday 07/06)

Can you please tell me how long have you been in uk?

Dawn786

Re: Congrats

Post by Dawn786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 pm

I have been in UK for 5 years.
javb wrote:
Dawn786 wrote:Thanks Smartpen, Itk and kapoorinusa. Yes I received all my originals documents with passport back this morning by 2nd class post. The approval letter dated 13/06 was inside the envelope as well. So technically they issued visa within 3 working days after i gave my biometrics (Friday 07/06)

Can you please tell me how long have you been in uk?

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm

so was this 2nd class mail recorded mail .

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Yes it was recorded delivery 2nd class. I believe it was because I didn't added a separate first class parcel envelope in my initial application pack.
kapoorinusa wrote:so was this 2nd class mail recorded mail .

hopesun031
Newly Registered

Post by hopesun031 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 pm

That's fantastic. Congratulations!

I am new here, just starting to prepare for T1 PSW-Entrepreneur visa, but I don't know anyone applying for this visa, so could I ask some questions if you are willing to help?

What I have got:

1. Company web registered on company house
2. 50k fund available partly in UK, partly abroad (could transfer into UK anytime)
3. good degree and relevant experience in my business (2y UK, 1y abroad)

Questions:

1. Do I need to open business account?
2. How long do I need for business plan?
3. My PSW is expiring in August, is it OK to send the application before the expiration?

I also prefer not to go thru visa consultants so your help will be much valuable. Thanks a lot!

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm

You can see the list of documents I had submitted with my application in my previous reply, hopefully it will help you.

To answer your question;
1. I did not include any of my company business bank account documents as there was no transaction in my account. I just submitted what is required in the policy guidance.
2. Business plan depends upon your knowledge and skills and how much research you have done so far for your business idea. Just include all key information in a professional format.
3. Its again upto you whether you want to apply for Ent visa before the expiry of your psw, however, if Gob forbid you get a refusal and your psw at that time is still valid than you wont get a appeal chance. But in that case you would be able to make a fresh or different category application. btw I applied for Ent visa on the last day of my psw and made my application by myself.

Just post your queries here and all the forum member are helpful and they will guide. Goodluck
hopesun031 wrote:That's fantastic. Congratulations!

I am new here, just starting to prepare for T1 PSW-Entrepreneur visa, but I don't know anyone applying for this visa, so could I ask some questions if you are willing to help?

What I have got:

1. Company web registered on company house
2. 50k fund available partly in UK, partly abroad (could transfer into UK anytime)
3. good degree and relevant experience in my business (2y UK, 1y abroad)

Questions:

1. Do I need to open business account?
2. How long do I need for business plan?
3. My PSW is expiring in August, is it OK to send the application before the expiration?

I also prefer not to go thru visa consultants so your help will be much valuable. Thanks a lot!

hopesun031
Newly Registered

Post by hopesun031 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:43 am

Thank you for the quick reply!
I didn't see it earlier because this was turned to page 2...
Just a few more question on company registration if you don't mind:

My business model does not require high capital investment initially so I would like to keep the investment at minimum. But there is financial forecast in the business plan and more capital are required in the future.

1. I have looked for the share capital requirement in the policy guidance, but did not find minimum requirement, does it mean I could register a company with very small capital eg. 100 shares and any share value eg. 1p?

2. Also I will appoint 3 other directors who are NOT applying for a visa, can they be shareholders too? I suppose this is just internal management issue and not relevant to my visa decision, do you think so?

Thank you so much.

Dawn786

Post by Dawn786 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 am

For your question regarding share question, there is no restriction for the value or number of shares and you can have 1 share and declare 100% ownership to it.
For directorship, there can be many directors as long as you are one of them and hold majority shares than you will be fine.
Hope this answers your questions.
hopesun031 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply!

My business model does not require high capital investment initially so I would like to keep the investment at minimum. But there is financial forecast in the business plan and more capital are required in the future.

1. I have looked for the share capital requirement in the policy guidance, but did not find minimum requirement, does it mean I could register a company with very small capital eg. 100 shares and any share value eg. 1p?

2. Also I will appoint 3 other directors who are NOT applying for a visa, can they be shareholders too? I suppose this is just internal management issue and not relevant to my visa decision, do you think so?

Thank you so much.

hopesun031
Newly Registered

Post by hopesun031 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks so much!
Dawn786 wrote:For your question regarding share question, there is no restriction for the value or number of shares and you can have 1 share and declare 100% ownership to it.
For directorship, there can be many directors as long as you are one of them and hold majority shares than you will be fine.
Hope this answers your questions.
hopesun031 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply!

Thank you so much.