ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to the Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjc123
Newly Registered

Moving to the Netherlands

Post by sjc123 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Hello there, I was trying to get some information on moving to the Netherlands specifically Amsterdam. I dont even know if my status would allow me to move there and get a work permit or not. Im 18 yrs old live in a small town in Vermont, USA a very liberal northeastern state. I took allmost every advance computer class my high school had to offer. Computer programming in C. Digital media / video production. Music tech 1 & 2 ( digitally enhance music / make your own compositions using various programs) Photography (didnt spend alot of time in the darkroom if didnt guess) and Graphics design. And im having trouble looking into tech schools and saying o jee, I want to get into Softwar Applications & Programming, or Data Communication Systems Technology. So at this point I really just want to move someplace far far away and work while i figure out what to do with the rest of me life :shock: Unfortunatly allmost all of my work exp has been in the Spam, so i dont know if that would put a damper on things.

Any help would be great and appreciative.

Sean

sjc123
Newly Registered

Post by sjc123 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:35 pm

gosh darn stoners... i tell you

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid your age, lack of any university qualifications, lack of any work experience, and lack of a job offer mean that you stand absolutely zero chance of securing the necessary work permit to live and work in the Netherlands.

In order to live and work in the Netherlands you will have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor a work permit for you. Before they can do this they will have to prove that they cannot find someone, not just in the Netherlands, but in the ENTIRE European Union that can do the particular job. As you can imagine, the chances of not being able to find someone in the entire European Union are pretty slim unless the particular job is highly skilled, but even then your age and lack of experience and qualifications means that no employer would even look at your CV, never mind offer you a job.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Dawie wrote:Before they can do this they will have to prove that they cannot find someone, not just in the Netherlands, but in the ENTIRE European Union that can do the particular job. As you can imagine, the chances of not being able to find someone in the entire European Union are pretty slim
I don't know whether that is entirely right. I think the employer will only have to prove that there is no EU citizen in the Netherlands that is capable of doing the job and not that there is no one in the ENTIRE EU who is capable of doing it. If that is the case, then the UK employers will have to advertise the job in the newspapers of all the EU/EEA member states before being eligible for a work permit.
Jabi

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:47 pm

yes. The employers have to prove that no one in the Netherlands ,who is an EU citizen ( European unions including the EEA) , is capable of doing the job before they could take on you.

amelie_dauphin
Newly Registered

Moving to NL

Post by amelie_dauphin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:57 pm

Immigration issues can be difficult. My suggestion to you would be to find one of the universities there and take classes. A number of the schools there have programs in English.

Best of Luck!

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:58 pm

16.4% of the Vermont population are Irish-Americans. So if your parents or grandparents were from Ireland you're in luck. Otherwise it will be quite difficult to move to europe, unless you decide to go to a european university which is more straight forward but not cheap!