ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal letter not sent by ukba but capita letter recieved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david justin

refusal letter not sent by ukba but capita letter recieved

Post by david justin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this forum. I got a letter from capital saying I should leave the country but I was a bit surprised as I had an outstanding application with the home office. I quickly called the number on the letter to explain my situation and I was told a refusal letter was sent out on the 6th of april. I was taken aback as I had not received any letter. I called home office and it was also confirmed. I told them to give me the royal mail tracking number which was invalid. I was then told to send a query to ukba.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing before. My visa expired in January. what do I do.
Your prompt replies will be very much appreciated

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

I will suggest you get a lawyer ASAP.

If the refusal letter was sent April 6 as they claim, that means the time frame required for you to appeal has elapsed.

david justin

Post by david justin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 pm

so whose fault is it. mine or theirs. I was on the phone with them when I tried the tracking number I was given and the ukba representative saw that it was invalid that was when she said I should send a query to ukba.
I am confused about what to do now

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:08 pm

get in touch with a good lawyer and might they sort it out for you.

ur lawyer will be able to send an inquiry to ukba and deal with capita as well.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Darvesh wrote:get in touch with a good lawyer and might they sort it out for you.

ur lawyer will be able to send an inquiry to ukba and deal with capita as well.
Agreed with other people. All you need is very good lawyer, who knows the rules. You will be fine once you find a lawyer.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

When does your visa expires .

david justin

Post by david justin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 pm

visa expired in January but application was made last October.

david justin

Post by david justin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:06 am

Ukba just acknowledged receipt of my query. They said they will get back to me within 20 working days.
What do i do in the meantime

Kokopop

Post by Kokopop » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't think there is anything you can do for now rather than wait !

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 pm

u better communicate that ukba corresponding with capita so that enforcement wont visit you.

david justin

Post by david justin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 pm

any other contribution please

Rez1
Newly Registered

Re: refusal letter not sent by ukba but capita letter reciev

Post by Rez1 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 am

david justin wrote:Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this forum. I got a letter from capital saying I should leave the country but I was a bit surprised as I had an outstanding application with the home office. I quickly called the number on the letter to explain my situation and I was told a refusal letter was sent out on the 6th of april. I was taken aback as I had not received any letter. I called home office and it was also confirmed. I told them to give me the royal mail tracking number which was invalid. I was then told to send a query to ukba.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing before. My visa expired in January. what do I do.
Your prompt replies will be very much appreciated
I have the exactly same situation now like david. Advise me please. My lawyer already contacted with ukba and they said they will send the doc again. Anyone advise me please. Thanks