ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child with BP- want to travel to india

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

longresidence

Child with BP- want to travel to india

Post by longresidence » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 am

Hi there,

I m not sure this is the right way to ask about indian visa in this forum. I apologize for that if not.

Anyways, My child under 2 yrs old is about to receive his British passport within days. I am on ILR. Basically We are planning to india next month. Once my child gets BP, Does anyone know that what indian visa my child gets like OCI, PIO, tourist visa or Long term visa etc etc.

How long does it take for OCI and PIO?? As I am not getting correct answers for the above topic.

I really appreciate for ur time and reply.

Thanks.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am

please post your OCI/PIO questions in this
thread.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:15 pm

You can apply for a 5-year VISA - will take 3 days! You do not have sufficient time for OCI + your child is not eligible for OCI yet as you are still an India Citizen.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm

push wrote:You can apply for a 5-year VISA - will take 3 days! You do not have sufficient time for OCI + your child is not eligible for OCI yet as you are still an India Citizen.
Many thanks.

I really appreciate.

Can u also please tell me what is the procedure to apply and what are the documents to send with the visa form. I am on ILR, my wife on FLRM and my child got BC thru naturalization. I want to apply for 5 years indian visa with multiple entries.

Thanks in advance

eashkuma4
India

CHild

Post by eashkuma4 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 am

Visa will take about 3-5 working days and PIO will take about 1 month