ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Doctor Training

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nandsenthil
Newly Registered

Dependent Doctor Training

Post by nandsenthil » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 am

Hi,

Don't know where to post this, so posted in general forum.

I am on Tier 1 General visa and my wife has just joined me as a dependent. She has just completed her MBBS in India. I know from the rules that Tier 1 General dependents cannot work or train as a doctor, but normally that would be mentioned in the entry clearance clearly as "No employment as doctor or dentist in training". In her case this is not mentioned. The only thing mentioned is "No recourse to public funds". So does this mean she can train here in UK after completing her PLAB? Please advise.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Her entry clearance should say Code 1 (+doc). If it does not she should get that amended. Her immigration status prohibits work in training.

ban.s

Re: Dependent Doctor Training

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:51 pm

nandsenthil wrote:Hi,

I know from the rules that Tier 1 General dependents cannot work or train as a doctor,
the restriction is only on "training" posts i.e. structured rotation based training jobs leading to a consultant position on the completion of training.

there is no restriction to work as a doctor in 'non-training' posts e.g. staff grade, locum jobs etc.