ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ( WP+Tier 1 G)...Urgent advice please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jugs
Newly Registered

ILR ( WP+Tier 1 G)...Urgent advice please

Post by Jugs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 am

Dear all,

I hope you all are well and good? I need some advice regarding my forthcoming ILR. I’m on tier 1(g) valid for next 3 years, I was on work permit before so in total I will complete my 5 years next year in Aug 2014.
Now please see my questions as below.

1. I have always been in permanent employment until this period, however I have recently accepted a contract role and decided to go limited company. I have hired a good accountant but he doesn’t seem to be much aware of the UKBA rules or documentation etc. To qualify for ILR, I will need to show minimum of £35,000 plus, so please can some expert advice on the things which I need to aware of? He is registered account but he doesn’t seem to be much aware of UKBA documentation.
• List of documentation required?
• How much salary or dividends? I am entirely new to this so got no clue how it works. Is there any limit on amount of money I can take out of bank account? Do I need to transfer from my business to personal and then withdraw cash?
• Also the agency will pay me weekly, can I hold the money until the end of the month and withdraw?
• One of my frnd is advising me to take 100% salary, but this doesn’t make sense because I will pay more tax and there is no point then me going contract then.
• How much is advised to take as salary and How much is advised to take as dividend?
• Are there any particular things which I need to be careful or aware of from the beginning through my ltd company? As I don’t wana talk to-up my ILR.

Also now the other major issue is that the contract requires lot of travelling, the client is UK based but he wants to me to travel abroad as when required, although I will be paid in my UK business bank account and pay relevant taxes etc. I am hoping my out of country days will be less than 180, but I have been informed by the UKBA settlement team that I can’t claim UK experience points? Is that right? Well I’m travelling for my business to see my clients abroad, why can’t I claim UK experience points ?

Also what documents do I need to show for WP period? Is payslips will be sufficient?

Please I would really appreciate if some experts or someone could advise on the above, as I’m really worried.

Many thanks
Jugs

Jugs
Newly Registered

Post by Jugs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 pm

So I'm I the only one who doesn't get replied here ? or is this forum dead now