ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

business below level 4 on t1 50k rout visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahbazali
- thin ice -

business below level 4 on t1 50k rout visa

Post by shahbazali » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

AM I leagally allowed to do below level 4 business as well.

I have invested 50 k in level 4 but want to invest further in other businesses, is that ok?

thanks

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

u can invest in any business however cant work for any business below level4 except administering that business only and wont entitled to draw any wages from it too.

u can invest in several businesses at the same time if u have access to funds.

educators

Post by educators » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Darvesh wrote:u can invest in any business however cant work for any business below level4 except administering that business only and wont entitled to draw any wages from it too.

u can invest in several businesses at the same time if u have access to funds.
u can work for your other business and draws wages from it...please check statement below from policy guidance:

no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established,
joined or taken over; and

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 pm

only administer the business but cant take wages....though take Dividend
taking wages out or dividend are two different things

@ educators
dont just paste from policy guideline rather read it in its context..

educators

Post by educators » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 am

Darvesh wrote:only administer the business but cant take wages....though take Dividend
taking wages out or dividend are two different things

@ educators
dont just paste from policy guideline rather read it in its context..

@darvesh ...I will appreciate ur reply if u convince me with logic because where does it says in policy guidance that if u do more than one business you can only administer 2nd business and not work in it however my previous statement clearly tells you that you can be employed in businesses you have setup and according to policy guidance only your main business activity needs to be at graduate level....so what I understand from it is that one can have more than one business... main one needs to be at graduate level others could be at lower level but you can be employed in all businesses you have established.....everyone is welcome to give their opinions on this...many thanks

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:26 pm

@ EDUCATORS

I WONT COMMENT ON AN INDIVIDUAL CASE.

LETS SAY ONE HAS ESTABLISHED MORE THAN ONE BUSINESSES WHICH ALL ARE ABOVE LEVEL 4 AND IN THIS CASE HE/SHE CAN BE EMPLOYED BY BY ALL THOSE BUSINESS.

IN A CASE WHERE ONE BUSINESS IS ABOVE AND ANOTHER IS BELOW LEVEL 4 THEN HE/SHE CAN ONLY BE EMPLOYED BY A BUSINESS WHICH IS ON/ABOVE LEVEL 4. HE/SHE WILL ADMINISTER THE OTHER BUSINESS THOUGH CANT BE EMPLOYED BY THIS BELOW LEVEL 4 BUSINESS.

UKBA WANT ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN THAT BUSINESS WHICH IS ON/ABOVE LEVEL 4. THIS IS THE REASON U CANT ENGAGE URSELF TO A BUSINESS WHICH IS UNDER LEVEL 4.

REST READ POLICY GUIDELINE

ANOTHER MAIN POINT U MUST CONSIDER WHEN U GET EMPLOYED BY YOUR OWN BUSINESS(LEVEL 4 BUSINESS) THAT ANY MONEY U TAKE THROUGH PAYE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED TOWARDS INVESTMENT OR COMPANY EXPENSES HOWEVER STAFF SALARY WILL BE COUNTED.

educators

Post by educators » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:29 am

Darvesh wrote:@ EDUCATORS

I WONT COMMENT ON AN INDIVIDUAL CASE.

LETS SAY ONE HAS ESTABLISHED MORE THAN ONE BUSINESSES WHICH ALL ARE ABOVE LEVEL 4 AND IN THIS CASE HE/SHE CAN BE EMPLOYED BY BY ALL THOSE BUSINESS.

IN A CASE WHERE ONE BUSINESS IS ABOVE AND ANOTHER IS BELOW LEVEL 4 THEN HE/SHE CAN ONLY BE EMPLOYED BY A BUSINESS WHICH IS ON/ABOVE LEVEL 4. HE/SHE WILL ADMINISTER THE OTHER BUSINESS THOUGH CANT BE EMPLOYED BY THIS BELOW LEVEL 4 BUSINESS.

UKBA WANT ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN THAT BUSINESS WHICH IS ON/ABOVE LEVEL 4. THIS IS THE REASON U CANT ENGAGE URSELF TO A BUSINESS WHICH IS UNDER LEVEL 4.

REST READ POLICY GUIDELINE

ANOTHER MAIN POINT U MUST CONSIDER WHEN U GET EMPLOYED BY YOUR OWN BUSINESS(LEVEL 4 BUSINESS) THAT ANY MONEY U TAKE THROUGH PAYE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED TOWARDS INVESTMENT OR COMPANY EXPENSES HOWEVER STAFF SALARY WILL BE COUNTED.
First of all what you said about being actively engaged in a business at graduate level only is not mentioned anywhere in policy guidance. I know in your main business you have to be employed in a graduate level role which if one is maintaining then in 2nd business which is at lower level he can be employed as well. Because UKBA says you can be employed for your own businesses. They never said that you can only be employed or be actively engaged in a graduate level business only. If they do say like this then please point it out to me.

If you can still convince me then I am happy to listen to your point of view on this but please refer it to the policy guidance as well. Many Thanks

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:38 pm

@ educators

i aint copying from policy guideline so u may not get that statment from policy guideline.actively engaged in a business at graduate level only. hence im giving summery. so dont go to words only.

i dont to need to convince you. u dont need to listen to me either. all i wrote what i have understood.

the best thing will be to read policy guideline and then summarize it then u will conclude whats the whole T1E visa about?. why some need 200k and some need 50k access?. why no employment allowed?

u might ask somebody to read and summarize for you

even if u are still not convinced then do it the way u like and hopefully u will convince the ukba at the time of extension.[/b]