ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for BC on 13/03 received an email reply from UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Applied for BC on 13/03 received an email reply from UKBA

Post by katievoroncova » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 am

Hi guys, those of you still waiting may be interested in my timeline:

Application date:13/03/2013 via NCS
Fees taken: 06/04/2013 (due to a payment being 'declined')
Acknowledgement letter: dated 06/04/2013
Decision letter: awaiting

I am an EEA national (acquired PERMANENT RESIDENCE blue card thing in 2008), unfortunately I had lost the card and explained this on the additional information part of the form.
I had also paid a small fee to have the data held about me to be sent under FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (SAR). I have found that they have the record of this document being issued. Because of this, I was advised by NCS to tick the discretion of the Home Secretary box on the form. After reading the forums I now realise it's a mistake as this now means that my application will not be processed in the same way as the others and is placed in a different 'queue'.

Anyway, I decided to write an e-mail to UKBA asking if there had been any correspondence addressed to me since the acknowledgement letter. And I received a response within 2 days! This is what it says:

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made yet on your application.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months, there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than 6 months to be resolved and this application falls into that category.

I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, we are not waiting for further information from you.

When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing.

Any views on this?

GD78

Re: Applied for BC on 13/03 received an email reply from UKB

Post by GD78 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this is taking some time. Atleast you now know they're still working on it, etc. I hope they decide soon with an approval.

Which email address did you send your enquiry to?