ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS EXPLAINED, SHEFFIELD PEO- WP (CLOSED CATEGORY)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ricky2809
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS EXPLAINED, SHEFFIELD PEO- WP (CLOSED CATEGORY)

Post by ricky2809 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I am greatly relieved about the success of my ILR thanks to the valuable tips from a few gurus on this website.

ILR appointment in person: 14th June'13 at 9am.

Here are some points to note and a guideline for someone who applies for ILR as a work permit holder (closed category). Please use this only as a guideline. No questions were asked to me by my caseworker. I was given the ILR in 30min after my biometrics was done. I've provided details below.

DOCUMENTS AND PROCESS FOR MY INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN APPLICATION (JUNE 2013):

Documents sumitted:

1. 2 Passport size photographs
2. SET (0) application form (Ensure it is the latest version prior to appointment date)
3. Copy of appointment letter and appointment booking payment confirmation
4. Passport (Current and previous one if used for stay in UK)
5. Bank statements for last 12 months (Highlight salary row)
6. P60s for last 5 years.
7. Payslips for last 12 months
8. Employer letter stating salary, SOC code etc. See attachment
9. Employer letter stating absences out of UK in last 5 years were within annual leave entitlement. See attachment.
10. Life in the UK test pass certificate
11. Work permit letter (and visa approval letter if you have it).
12. Tenancy agreement and landlord recommendation (Optional)

Photocopies of all documents submitted to be kept separately in hand.
Bank to be notified of large withdrawal if you intend to use credit/debit card payment for the application fee.
If you require the biometric permit to be sent to an address other than your home address, mention that in your application under address for correspondence section.

What to expect on the day:

1. Get to door 10min before the appointment.
2. Security check
3. Expect token from reception
4. Officer checks application at a counter when token no is called. If all documents are in place, he/she keeps them
5. Payment of fees at another counter
6. Biometric details collected.
7. Caseworker introduces himself and says it might take 45min to an hour to look at the application. He gives you an option to go outside for a walk and come back in 45min or wait in the building.
8. Keep mobile switched on if you are outside the building
9. After the 1hr period, outcome of the application is provided to you at reception and you are asked maybe to provide photocopies of all originals you had submitted.
10. They give you back all originals submitted along with a letter stating the biometric card will be sent to the address mentioned for correspondence.

I hope this helps. Please read the above before you ask any questions. I will be happy to provide any help related to the above scenario.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am

What payment method have you used to visa appln fee ?

ricky2809
Newly Registered

Post by ricky2809 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:38 am

pegakrishna wrote:What payment method have you used to visa appln fee ?
sorry for the delayed response.

I paid using my debit card at the counter at the PEO.