ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missyeve
Newly Registered

Approval Letter

Post by missyeve » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 am

I got my approval letter yesterday just after three and half weeks after applying (quite pleased)...its say to wait for an inivitation letter and not to contact the council for the citizenship ceremony ...I read quite a no of posts where people have contacted the council directly.

Should I wait until the invitation letter arrives or contact the council as I want a private ceremony.

Thanks in advance for your help

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 pm

In my approval letter it said the council will arrange a ceremony. It also had the phone number of the council, and the details as they will appear in the certificate. If you have the same type of letter, then ring them and arrange a ceremony. Some councils send invitation letters and some don't, but the approval letter is the important one. Does it say on it to keep it safe and bring it to the ceremony?