ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 refused, very confused by the letter, please advise.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joebobby
Newly Registered

EEA4 refused, very confused by the letter, please advise.

Post by Joebobby » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey everyone, I would like some advice please. Let me tell you a bit more about my case first.

I non Eu citizen, been in the uk since dec 2002 and married to an eu citizen here in uk since 2009. My wife has applied for the " working registration scheme " 2007 and has been living here with me and exercising her treaty rights ever since. She has always been in employment throughout her stay. She applied for her permanent residence eea3 and received it in aug 2012. I applied for eea2 in 2009 and received a valid " residence card of a family member of an eea national ". In november 2012 i applied for eea4 but was refused, but the letter accompanying it makes it even more confusing for me.
On the first letter " notice of immigration decision "
It states "refusal to issue permanent residence card " ( No requirement to leave the uk )
It continues to say ... you have applied for permanent residence on the basics you are the family member of an eea national, however you have not resided in the uk with your family member for 5 years ????

We have always been living together, i have provided my tenancy agreement which has both our name on but it is a continous of 12 month, which we still hold for 4 years now is that not sufficient ?

the second reason says However information held by the uk border agency that the passport of you eea sponsor has been reported lost or stolen to the relevant authorities.

My wife had to travel for emergency travel and requested her passport back from the home office, they promised it would arrive on time, but the day before she had to travel nothing arrived, so she had to get a temp travel doc from her embassy. For her to return back, her passport office there required her to have a passport to go back as they would not provide tmp travel document. She has not declared her passport lost or stolen as they passport was already nearing expiry date.

On the "reason for refusal letter" it states : you have stated you wish you rely on family or private life in the uk under article 8 of echr appendix fm paragraph 27ade. Since you have not made a valid application for article 8 consideration has not been given as to whether your removal from the uk breach article 8 of the echr. Additionally it is pointed out that a decision not to issue a residence card/ permanent residence card does not require you to leave the uk if you can otherwise demonstrate that you have a right to reside under the regulation ????

I am married to my wife eu citizen with permanent residence ? is that for real, they are trying to remove me ?
It is very confusing, i don't understand it, which one is correct ? i can stay or i have to leave ? Also got an appeal letter which i think will go to waste rather do a new application.

But my questions are :

As i am married to my wife an eu citizen with eea3, can they seperate us ? also why do they say no requirement to leave on one letter and you are required to leave on the other ?

I would much appreciate some advise on this matter, as i am thinking of resubmitting the application with all the necessary documents. I have proof of us living together, but i think it might be the issue with my wife passport that got the application refused.
Last edited by Joebobby on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:36 pm

You arrived in UK on 2002 and got married to EU national in 2009 then your clock towards securing PR will start from 2009-2014 means needs 5 years to be spent with a qualified EEA national which perhaps the major reason of refusal.
However, at this stage probably the 10 years long residence application might suit you to get ILR equivalent to PR if you previously have built up lawful residence.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Joebobby
Newly Registered

Post by Joebobby » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Many thanks, i have always been living here lawfully, always applied for visa every year, but my main question is can they ask me to leave the country ?
I am married to an eu citizen whereby she is execising her treaty rights ? and the document eea shouldn't be the issue as it is a " voluntary application " ? if i am correct ? I would much prefer to wait for my eea2 to near its end day before applying again ! is that a safe option ?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

If you are patient enough despite knowing you can be eligible for ILR now under 10 years long residence then there is no harm in waiting on your current valid EEA2 RC till next year for freely (as law stands now) applying again EEA4.
REGARDS

Joebobby
Newly Registered

Post by Joebobby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:00 pm

As i am married to my wife an eu citizen with eea3, can they seperate us ? also why do they say no requirement to leave on one letter and you are required to leave on the other ?

Can someone please advise on this please ?

I would also like to know if when my eea2 expires, is there a requirement to apply for eea4 ? or is it voluntary ???

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Do not bother much the standard writing of refusal letter as no one is going to separate you. Simply wait 1 year further and apply for your confirmation of PR (EEA4).
REGARDS

Joebobby
Newly Registered

Post by Joebobby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 pm

thx sheraz, you have been very helpful, i am very grateful.

Joebobby
Newly Registered

Post by Joebobby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Applying for PR Confirmation (EEA4 form) is optional. The fact that her status was not confirmed, doesn't mean she needs to leave the country. This is just a standard letter the HO sends with every refusal regardless of the reason.

As she is married to your father who holds a Permanent Residence status, she is legal in the UK and doesn't need to leave the country. Her residence rights are obtained automatically and legally she doesn't need permission from the HO to stay.

Found this on a forum written by jambo.

I feel more assured now !

MissS
Newly Registered

Post by MissS » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Joebobby wrote:As i am married to my wife an eu citizen with eea3, can they seperate us ? also why do they say no requirement to leave on one letter and you are required to leave on the other ?

Can someone please advise on this please ?

I would also like to know if when my eea2 expires, is there a requirement to apply for eea4 ? or is it voluntary ???
I would say even though it's not a requirement, it's better to apply for EEA4 and get the PR confirmation in your passport as it makes it easier to leave/return to the UK, and also easier for employers to verify that you are eligible to work.

Joebobby
Newly Registered

Post by Joebobby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm

yes you are right. I can confirm that the refusal letter with the " you are not allowed to live here anymore " nonsense is just a standard letter. I call ho today and as the other members of the forum have confirm, it is not a legal requirement, it is just up to you.

Many thnx all for your advice

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 am

If you are married, and your wife is legally in the UK, then no they can not ask you to leave. Not unless you are a serious criminal.