ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaik719

Re: ILR 10 years

Post by shaik719 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you help

Do I have to show maintenance with SET(M)/FLR(M) I mean the funds you show in your account for 90 days
Thank you very much in advance!

ppycrmt

Re: 10 years IRL application

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Do you have to send your birth certificate?
Style13 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote: You need to submit all of your passport having entry and exit stamp on it
Life in the uk test
Dont try to make your case so complicated having "extra" supporting documents
Wish you good luck
Hi Nadeem thanks for getting back to me, can you please tell me if the UKBA does accept the photocopies of my previous visas for the application of the 10 years residency?
Why do you want to submit photocopies when your previous visas are on your passport. Explain your situation completely
I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks to the members who guided me throughout the process to obtain my ILR through 10 years long residency and it has been approved.

Now iam waiting for my spouse FLR(M) which was posted on jan 26th 2013.

can my spouse immediately apply for ILR through set(m) after flr(m) or need to wait 2 years ?

spouse entered uk in 2005 on student dependent and last visa was PSW dependent ?

so can i assume that spouse has already spent 2 years as dependent, so going for set(m) is correct option ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm

z18runway wrote:Thanks to the members who guided me throughout the process to obtain my ILR through 10 years long residency and it has been approved.

can my spouse immediately apply for ILR through set(m) after flr(m) or need to wait 2 years ?

spouse entered uk in 2005 on student dependent and last visa was PSW dependent ?

so can i assume that spouse has already spent 2 years as dependent, so going for set(m) is correct option ?
Unfortunately not, Since she wasn't on a route to settlement, she'll have to spend 2 yrs before she can apply for ILR. However, once she completes 2 yrs on FLR(M) and gets her ILR issued, she can straight away apply for Naturalisation provide you become a BC by then.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 pm

saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote: I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?
I would say apply for SAR and submit it.
Thanks ever so much saanju9, much appreciated

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

shaik719 wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you help

Do I have to show maintenance with SET(M)/FLR(M) I mean the funds you show in your account for 90 days
On a usual note, the requirement is that you are able to maintain yourselves "adequately without recourse to public funds". This means you will have access to at least £105.95 per week between you, after payment of rent/mortgage, council tax, and any standing debt repayments.

Read Maintenance and accommodation for further information.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

m0379179m

exit/entry stamps

Post by m0379179m » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi all,

Could anyone please explaine to me what do you mean by exit/entry stamps on passport?

When you leave uk you do not get any stamps on your passport while leaving but when you enter you get entrance stamp ! is that not the case for everyone ?
I only have entrance stamps on my passport . i'm asking that because i will apply soon for IL.

Thanks

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
shaik719 wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

Could you help

On a usual note, the requirement is that you are able to maintain yourselves "adequately without recourse to public funds". This means you will have access to at least £105.95 per week between you, after payment of rent/mortgage, council tax, and any standing debt repayments.

Read Maintenance and accommodation for further information.
Thanks damanisshallo for all the help bro

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: exit/entry stamps

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 am

m0379179m wrote:Hi all,

Could anyone please explaine to me what do you mean by exit/entry stamps on passport?

When you leave uk you do not get any stamps on your passport while leaving but when you enter you get entrance stamp ! is that not the case for everyone ?
I only have entrance stamps on my passport . i'm asking that because i will apply soon for IL.

Thanks
Presumably, you would have entry of your destination country & probably the exit from the same. That should do the trick.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:51 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:Thanks to the members who guided me throughout the process to obtain my ILR through 10 years long residency and it has been approved.

Unfortunately not, Since she wasn't on a route to settlement, she'll have to spend 2 yrs before she can apply for ILR. However, once she completes 2 yrs on FLR(M) and gets her ILR issued, she can straight away apply for Naturalisation provide you become a BC by then.
Then what about immigration rules 287 (a)(i)(d) say.

Even Vinny has adviced other member that the person is eligible for ILR once FLR granted.

Iam not arguing but there should be way.
Last edited by z18runway on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjay

Re: ILR

Post by mjay » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 am

Ali _T wrote:hi every one,
I have been a silent reader since Jan 13, just wanted to update my skyline.
Application send: 20/01/13
Bio M :05/02/2013
ILR and Doc received: 19/06/2013

i would encourage every silent reader to at least update their skyline when they get ILR coz this does help others who are waiting...

6 years student
1 year psw
3 general T 1

No solicitors
All I did send was
Passports (( i had one stamp missing in 2004 on arrival in UK))
Employers letter
P60
LIFe in uk
Bank statement
Pay slips
Thank you every one and good luck
congratulation can you clear my confussion is that life in the uk test have to do for ILR or we need this certificate when apply for british passport thank you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 am

z18runway wrote:Then what about immigration rules 287 (a)(i)(d) say.

Even Vinny has adviced other member that the person is eligible for ILR once for granted.

Iam not arguing but there should be way.
As I mentioned in the past, with UKBA there are either rules or kind of axioms. In this particular case the rule is to satisfy Para 319E and because one cannot satisfy this rule, they will have to switch in order to get considered under Para 319E. This is my assumption.
Settlement Operational Policy wrote:PBS migrant obtained ILR under the long residency provisions. Therefore, their partner would not be eligible to apply for ILR under paragraph 319E and would need to apply to "switch" and submit form FLR(M) for further leave to remain.
NB: Arguing isn't wrong, However, it should be a constructive discussion. The main agenda is, we shall argue to come to a conclusion and not prejudice and keep arguing to prove it.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:08 am

Damanisshallo wrote
As I mentioned in the past, with UKBA there are either rules or kind of axioms. In this particular case the rule is to satisfy Para 319E and because one cannot satisfy this rule, they will have to switch in order to get considered under Para 319E. This is my assumption.

NB: Arguing isn't wrong, However, it should be a constructive discussion. The main agenda is, we shall argue to come to a conclusion and not prejudice and keep arguing to prove it.

The link you have provided is totally different from my query.
In that query, that applicant has asked the settlement ops policy team about 'applying directly SET(m) without switching to FLR(m).

Damanisshallo now you have understand my question first.

my situation is different.My spouse is switching to FLR(M) from psw dependent. my question initially is can she apply for SET(m) straight away once her FLR(m) is approved or she has to wait for further qualifying period of 2 years.

But you have quoted a immigration rules which is not relevant to my query. Your quoted reply is here again to remind you
Settlement Operational Policy wrote:PBS migrant obtained ILR under the long residency provisions. Therefore, their partner would not be eligible to apply for ILR under paragraph 319E and would need to apply to "switch" and submit form FLR(M) for further leave to remain.
Last edited by z18runway on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 am

z18runway wrote:

In that query, that applicant has asked the settlement ops policy team about 'applying directly SET(m) without switching to FLR(m).

Now you have understand my question first.

my situation is different.My spouse is switching to FLR(M) from psw dependent. my question initially is can she apply for SET(m) straight away once her FLR(m) is approved or she has to wait for further qualifying period of 2 years.

But you have quoted a immigration rules which is not relevant to my query. Your quoted reply is here again to remind you
Please continue in your other thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 am

mjay wrote:
Ali _T wrote:hi every one,
I have been a silent reader since Jan 13, just wanted to update my skyline.
Application send: 20/01/13
Bio M :05/02/2013
ILR and Doc received: 19/06/2013

i would encourage every silent reader to at least update their skyline when they get ILR coz this does help others who are waiting...

6 years student
1 year psw
3 general T 1

No solicitors
All I did send was
Passports (( i had one stamp missing in 2004 on arrival in UK))
Employers letter
P60
LIFe in uk
Bank statement
Pay slips
Thank you every one and good luck
congratulation can you clear my confussion is that life in the uk test have to do for ILR or we need this certificate when apply for british passport thank you
At the time of ILR application, you need your Life in the UK test pass certificate

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 am

D4109125 wrote:
z18runway wrote:

Now you have understand my question first.

Please continue in your other thread.
thanks, and sorry for diverting.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 am

z18runway wrote:

Now you have understand the question first.

Had she applied before 6th April 2013, she would have been eligible for SET(M)... unfortunately from 6th April, they say PSW is not a route to settlement and thereby PSW dependent cannot count their time spent on PSW dependent visa as a probationary period for SET(M)... So your wife has to wait 2 years on a ILR - Dependent (after she got FLR(M)) before she can apply for SET(M)

himu
Newly Registered

Very Happy

Post by himu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am

My history: My student visa got refused once and won the appeal.After that there was no visa on my passport, then after nearly one year my uni had to write to HO and asked about my visa on passport,Even after that i extended visa again from my uni.Once i didnt have entry seal on my passport on arrival at heathrow but had seal on departure from my country.These are the main critical matter of my case. Any idea about what could happen to me?

After 1 year and 2days i got my ILR I applied in june 2012, ILR issued 13 June 2013. When can i apply for British Passport??

Thanx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Very Happy

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 am

himu wrote:My history: My student visa got refused once and won the appeal.After that there was no visa on my passport, then after nearly one year my uni had to write to HO and asked about my visa on passport,Even after that i extended visa again from my uni.Once i didnt have entry seal on my passport on arrival at heathrow but had seal on departure from my country.These are the main critical matter of my case. Any idea about what could happen to me?

After 1 year and 2days i got my ILR I applied in june 2012, ILR issued 13 June 2013. When can i apply for British Passport??

Thanx
Pleas post your question in the British Citizenship forum (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 am

z18runway wrote:my situation is different.My spouse is switching to FLR(M) from psw dependent. my question initially is can she apply for SET(m) straight away once her FLR(m) is approved or she has to wait for further qualifying period of 2 years.
Please refer to the below for further clarification.
SOC April 2013 wrote:• To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Family Members @ Page 10 wrote: The partner of a points based system migrant not on a route to settlement cannot, with effect to applications made on or after 6 April 2013, switch into the partner route under paragraph 284 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Skydrives, Templates

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:07 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Do you have to send your birth certificate?
Style13 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote:
Hi Nadeem thanks for getting back to me, can you please tell me if the UKBA does accept the photocopies of my previous visas for the application of the 10 years residency?
Why do you want to submit photocopies when your previous visas are on your passport. Explain your situation completely
I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?
Well yes I have a birth certificate, but how is a birth certificate help in my situation?

jasim

Finally I got my ILR.... January 2013 applicant

Post by jasim » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 pm

By the grace of Almighty Allah and dua of all my friends, relatives and family, i've just received my ILR today. Alhamdulillah. Still waiting for the wife's application though. I'll update the Skydrive later on today. Please be patient whose application are still pending. Your time will come In Sha Allah. My timeline is below:

Application Posted: 11 January 2013 (10 years student visa)
Application Received: 14/01/2013
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 17/01/2013
Bio-metric: 08/02/2013 ( done on the same day)
Passport & Documents Received: 21/06/2013.

Thank you all and good luck to you all.

lutforestry

Re: Finally I got my ILR.... January 2013 applicant

Post by lutforestry » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:10 pm

jasim wrote:By the grace of Almighty Allah and dua of all my friends, relatives and family, i've just received my ILR today. Alhamdulillah. Still waiting for the wife's application though. I'll update the Skydrive later on today. Please be patient whose application are still pending. Your time will come In Sha Allah. My timeline is below:

Application Posted: 11 January 2013 (10 years student visa)
Application Received: 14/01/2013
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 17/01/2013
Bio-metric: 08/02/2013 ( done on the same day)
Passport & Documents Received: 21/06/2013.

Thank you all and good luck to you all.
Congratulations! May Allah help all who are waiting patiently.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

mjay wrote:can you clear my confussion is that life in the uk test have to do for ILR or we need this certificate when apply for british passport thank you
You need it for both, ILR & Naturalisation.
Skydrives, Templates

orich888
Newly Registered

Happy and confused

Post by orich888 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm

I’ve been silent reader for long time:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum.
My timeline:
Application send: 16/01/13
Bio : 29/01/2013
Docs received: 18/06/2013 (appr: 15/06/2013)
BRP: waiting
Student 5 y+0.5 IGS + 4,5 T1G, no gaps.

Now I have dilemma how my wife can get ILR. We’ve been married here in the UK from sep 2008, she switched to tier 1 dependant visa in 2009 and extended her stay as tier 1 dependent in Oct 2010 and her visa will expire in Oct 2013. I received my ILR on basis of 10 years and I read successful stories about switching from Tier 1 G Dependant to ILR with SET (M) and without FLR (M).

We planning to try Croydon PEO

Please advice:
1) Can my wife apply for ILR with SET (M)? Is 287. (a) i(d) could be applied here? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have?

2) Or should we apply with FLR (M) ? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have?

Who have had same situations?