ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out-of-country HSMP applicants: no travel to the UK!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phantom
Newly Registered

Out-of-country HSMP applicants: no travel to the UK!!!

Post by Phantom » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:01 pm

It turns out that those HSMP applicants who applied out of country CANNOT enter the UK even as visitors while their application is awaiting a decision. Moreover, any attempt to apply for a visa during this period will be regarded as a violation of the immigration laws and will result in immediate refusal on the HSMP application and further trouble with HO.

This information was received in a telephone conversation with a UK Embassy official in Moscow. We didn't believe it and called HO. They confirmed!!! :(

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:11 pm

Phantom, do you think it is the same case if one already has a visa (say from long ago)?
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Phantom
Newly Registered

Post by Phantom » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:21 pm

I really don't know... I think you should call your local UK Embassy and ask them.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:45 pm

i think you are providing people with false information. i have not read any document which says that you cannot travel to UK. Remember you can even ask them to fast track your application if you can show that you have been offered a job, i mean how are going to go to interviews in the UK if you cannot travel there in the first place. in any case i am know of pple on this notice board who say they were in the UK while their application was being processed. so please check you facts

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:47 pm

f2k, this is why I asked. because I remember someone on this board said that he did exactly the same.
1. submited hsmp application
2. went to UK on viusitor visa
3. had interviews
4. send job offer
5. got approval.
So this information sounds improper.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Phantom
Newly Registered

Post by Phantom » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:43 pm

I have to apologize. I wrote in my first message exactly what I was told in the Embassy - but I was given wrong information as I later found out. When I gave it a second thought it seemed to me that it doesn't make any sense and this info should be double checked. So I called the Embassy again. I got the same woman and she got mad at me for asking the same question again. Nevertheless she put me on the phone with a Consular. The Consular then explained to me that it is not cathegorically forbidden to go to the UK on a visitor's visa - it just raises questions in the light of submitted HSMP application and one should have a good explanation about the reasons for undetaking this trip.

tgs

Post by tgs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:49 pm

What about you made arrangements to travel to the UK to satisfy yourself that you willing to live in the UK ? Meaning you make you arrangements, then send the application ? What if you don't need to apply for a VISA to travel in the UK ? Commonwealth countries get their passport stamped at the airport ? Are you saying while you HSMP application is process will it be illegal to have a telephone job interview while you in your home country ?

I did travel to the UK while my HSMP application was in process and I had a few interviews, but I made it clear that I was not avialable to work in UK until my HSMP application was sucessfull. I did inform HO that I had a job offer and I also requested urgent treatement that time. When I got my EC they would have queried me if this was a problem.

tgs

Post by tgs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:57 pm

Phantom wrote:I have to apologize. I wrote in my first message exactly what I was told in the Embassy - but I was given wrong information as I later found out. When I gave it a second thought it seemed to me that it doesn't make any sense and this info should be double checked. So I called the Embassy again. I got the same woman and she got mad at me for asking the same question again. Nevertheless she put me on the phone with a Consular. The Consular then explained to me that it is not cathegorically forbidden to go to the UK on a visitor's visa - it just raises questions in the light of submitted HSMP application and one should have a good explanation about the reasons for undetaking this trip.
You will me a heart attack !