ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i take admission in master degree?.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Splash
United Kingdom

Can i take admission in master degree?.

Post by Splash » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am

Hello to everybody

I need advice regarding my circumstances. I would be thankful for advice.

Currently i am on PSW visa and interested in Tier 4 extension but not sure that am i suitable for master or PhD degree programme.
My history is given below
I came to UK in 2006 to study master degree course. I didn’t studied master programme and took admission in One year undergraduate diploma. After completing diploma, i applied for extension by taking admission in three year bachelor degree course. I got three year extension visa. After one year of bachelor programme, college was closed by home office. Without informing home office, i was without any course for one and half year. After 1.5 year, i took admission in master degree. I completed master degree. and currently i am on PSW visa.

Q1 ,I want to know that which level programme i can study
Q2 , When coming to UK, i got visa on master course but didn’t study and after that i took admission in bachelor course , studied one year , after that college was closed by home office. How these things would be assessed in counting the years of study?.

Piyaji4200
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Piyaji4200 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

you can still get admission in master degree or phd no problem at all

they give you visa anyway... time limit for 5 year at master degree id not apply at you because you acme at old rules any why if you got admission master degree then rule apply at you .

thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Since your last qualification was Masters degree so due to academic progression reason you need to study higher such as Mphil/PHD or can repeat another Master degree if your new course clearly represents that it complement your existing qualification.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

pakboyy

Post by pakboyy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 am

hi Guru i am thinking that if someone already spend 6 year as student and one year in master degree program thn he still can apply student visa under tier 4 as ukba set 5 year max student time period limit ? . thank you

sheraz7 wrote:Since your last qualification was Masters degree so due to academic progression reason you need to study higher such as Mphil/PHD or can repeat another Master degree if your new course clearly represents that it complement your existing qualification.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes if you have already complete/exceed this limit then you must go to higher course such as MPHIL/PHD.
REGARDS

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:32 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Yes if you have already complete/exceed this limit then you must go to higher course such as MPHIL/PHD.
MPhil is level 7 on nqf. Same as masters. It is not a higher course.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 pm

quantum1 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Yes if you have already complete/exceed this limit then you must go to higher course such as MPHIL/PHD.
There are a lot of UK universities which insist to join primarily M PHIL and then proceed to PHD based on the student performance usually the last 12 months.
REGARDS

tier2chefs
- thin ice -

It is still Level 7 but higher than Masters degree.

Post by tier2chefs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm

It is still Level 7 but higher than Masters degree. Definitely an academic progression.
quantum1 wrote: