ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) proof of cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Orchard
Newly Registered

SET(M) proof of cohabitation

Post by Orchard » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey, guys and gals
My partner and I are attending the Public Enquiry Offices soon to submit form SET(M) and we are worried that we do not have enough letters to prove cohabition over the past two years. We have plenty of letters for the past six months, but precious few for the previous 18 months due to losing paperwork during house moves, etc.
We have the following documents, all addressed to both of us, for the period June 2011 to June 2013:

Joint Bank Statement to April 2011 (will this be considered, even though it's prior to the period in question?) plus other letters prior to this date.
Joint Bank Statements for January 2012, June 2012 and November 2012
Three letters from our landlord relating to tenancy agreements dated January and February 2013.
Council Tax Bills for March and April 2013
Letter from the Bank dated June 2013

A total of ten letters addressed to us jointly, from three different sources; but, as I've said, only three from one source spanning 2012, and none for 2011, except a bank statment preceding the start date.

From your experiences, will our glut of documents for this year, and three from last year be enough?

Thank you for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Do you have letters addressed to each of you individually spanning across the two years?

They don't have to be in joint names and can be addressed individually as long as its to the same address.

NHS letters, HMRC letters, mobile phone bills, etc. anything like that
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamal112
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal112 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

good luck

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Post by arvindsankaran » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi Orchard,

Can you advise if your PEO went fine and your spouse get their ILR? I am in a similar situation as you and dont have only 1 document for the first year and hence would like to hear from you about your experience.

Appreciate if you could provide any inputs please.

Thanks