ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E1 Form - Acknowledge letter timeline

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

migrantdude
Newly Registered

E1 Form - Acknowledge letter timeline

Post by migrantdude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I've seen quite a few responses in this blog on the topic I'm going to bring up now so my apologies if I overlooked an answer to this particular case.

From what I see, it usually takes around 1 month for the INIS to return an acknowledge letter. After waiting that long, I sent them an email to follow up on my application and they told me that it's now taking them 6 weeks for them to send such letter

Unfortunately, it's been now more than 6 weeks since I submitted my EU1 form with all the required documentation but I haven't received such letter. What's more, they won't reply to further emails about inquires on the same application.

Has anyone here gone through the same timeline recently? If so, how long did it take for you to receive the acknowledge letter?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:43 pm

It looks like they are quietly letting a backlog build up. A year ago they were getting back in 3 weeks, in late September they were still getting back in 4. Recently people wear talking about 5-6 weeks. And I guess soon it will be 7.

I can't find it documented anywhere now but I think in theory they have to reply within a month. If you want to escalate you can contact Solvit, but to be honest it probably is a waste of your time, since by the time they do something you will probably have received the letter.

I think you'd better wait and you'll probably get it within the next few days.
Last edited by jeupsy on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 pm

I agree with Jeupsy,
They are trying to make things more hard and hard, but hopefully u will get it in few days, 7 month ago , i got mine exactly after a month, Good luck
And jeupsy was helpful that time as well, :D You are great jeupsy, giving good advices to people. Be blessed

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:05 pm

No one can't be sure, but I think this backlog is mostly due to them being understaffed (or too lazy, depending on how you want to look at it :-)).

I don't think it is there interest increase voluntarily the wait, as because this is EU laws they can't get away with doing anything they want and it will come back to bother them at some point.

Just my thinking ... but I might be wrong.

And Diomond, very glad I helped!

BrusselsSprout
Newly Registered

Post by BrusselsSprout » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 pm

FYI, my wife has now also been waiting for 1 month for the letter as well.
I have also emailed the EU treaty rights section of INIS and they replied me that they were currently dealing with a backlog but that the letter will be send "in due course".
I guess that indeed they know they can't make a problem out of it (otherwise too many complains will come in) and will send the letter before running into visa problem.
I will update this thread when we receive the letter so to share the information.

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks lads. I guess they're just not overloaded or shorthanded but with all due respect they also lack a solid organization. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing coming in the acknowledge letters is more or less "ok dude, we got all your papers and now we're going to inspect them. Now you can go register with the GNIB". I can understand they're swamped with applications but taking more than one month and a half just for a cross check seems overly long to me. I know I'm not the only one applying but still it seems too long. Anyway, I'll take your advice and wait. Hope they reply before the visa expires anyway, which I have also notified them.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Noone on this forum works there (that I know of :-)) so we can't be sure ... But I would agree it my have to so with bad organisation. Indeed it is just a matter of making sure all the documents are there and entering your details into a computer which will auto-generate the letter. It can't take that long. I would be curious to know how many applications they receive everyday ... But my guess is that it is not a very large number (EU treaty rights is a fairly specific situation).

Hope you guys get your letters soon!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:59 am

you should report to solvit this issue so in future nobody get delay

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm

My wife's was posted 5 weeks ago and have been with the department for 1 month. I mentioned the problem to Solvit through an informal email last week. They stated that the Certificate of Application should be issued as soon as possible, but there is no deadline in the directive.

I just hope none of us get a 5am knock on the door as our stamps have run out while the passports are parked in Dublin!

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Latintraveller wrote:My wife's was posted 5 weeks ago and have been with the department for 1 month. I mentioned the problem to Solvit through an informal email last week. They stated that the Certificate of Application should be issued as soon as possible, but there is no deadline in the directive.

I just hope none of us get a 5am knock on the door as our stamps have run out while the passports are parked in Dublin!
Even your visas are expired, still they cant do anything , to be honest its still the same if you have one, You have right to stay with your eu national partner, Just relax and wait , you would get soon ,Good luck

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Check this out, dudes: http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... 4-and.html

It looks like this situation is in place since late May :cry:

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:09 pm

What is described in that blog post is actually completely illegal behaviour from the EU Treaty Rights section. If after 6 months they are still missing documents but have never asked the applicant to submit them - it is too late to request them and they should automatically issue a positive decision! (Of course if they did ask for the documents and the applicant never sent them, it is another story). If genuine these cases could be raise with European authorities and the Irish government would with no doubt be found guilty of not respecting directive 2004/38.

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Of course with the changes in UK Immigration law they dont want Ireland to appear an attractive destination. On the other hand though, Ireland has done very well out of the EU and they cannot cherry pick which laws they wish to adhere to.

I am confused about the linked blog though. It mentions that the department still has documents after 6 months. I was always under the impression that they returned the documents (which they had made copies of) after around a month with a six month stamp. Then they consider the document copies over the next five months after which they issue the five year stamp.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:32 pm

I don't undersand what they mean either. They start with "Original documentation was always returned rather promptly" ... and then they say "but we have daily requests from clients seeking the urgent return of important documentation which remains with the Department for several weeks".

I might miss something, but it sounds contradictory to me: If original documents are always returned promptly, how can important documentation be kept by the department as they only have copies?

Anyhow, I don't believe we had heard before about delays of more than a week past the 6 months period. This is now to me and if true they are playing with fire. I am not sure what to think of this as I assume INIS knows that if this becomes common practise it will cause problems to them.

maika3
Newly Registered

Post by maika3 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:17 am

Hi migrantdude, I'm in the exactly same situation as you.

We sent the application at the beginning of May, including a letter asking for an urgent return of our passports as we were travelling to my sister wedding at the end of June.

After a month of silence, I sent an email to them, and in less that 12 hours they reply confirming that they got our application on the 7th of may, but due of the overload of applications, they are taking now between 6-8 weeks to send the acknowledge letter. We are now at 23rd of June, 3 days away for my flight, no letter arrived, it doesn't look like my husband is going to be able to travel with me, and that delay is breaking our nerves and causing so much pain in our life.

It's easy to say that they have overload,but then they should change the application and don't say it's going to be a month for a temporary stamp and return of documentation.

I just can't avoid imaging what's happening in their offices, if they really are under a lot of stress, or just sipping coffee chatting away with my application under a pile of forgotten documents... It is so frustrating and unfair.

We start the 7th week now. Let's see how long it takes at the end...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 am

Latintraveller wrote:My wife's was posted 5 weeks ago and have been with the department for 1 month. I mentioned the problem to Solvit through an informal email last week. They stated that the Certificate of Application should be issued as soon as possible, but there is no deadline in the directive.

The directive does specify a timeline. It says immediately.

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:34 am

I have just re-read the appropriate part of the directive and I would be inclined to agree with you on that (Art 10.1).

Five to six weeks is definitely not immediately in my view. One to two weeks would be more appropriate. It is out of order that people like maika3 are adversely affected by this.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:11 pm

You can imagine the intent of the legislation drafters. An applicant arrives at a registration office with the correct documentation and is given a receipt there and then.

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 am

Hi guys,

Does any of the affected have any update on this? It's been my 7th week of wait for me and going on the 8th. It is feeling like a painful delivery, really.

Thanks

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am

They are dealing with applications received at the beginning of May at the moment. Therefore the delay is closer to seven to eight weeks.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 am

This is becoming a joke ... I am usually the type to say there is no point in complaining as they always make sure the delay is short enough to keep them out of trouble; but now they are pushing it quite far and it it seems to be getting worse every month!

I think they deserve a slap for this ... Hopefully a few people will manage to get Solvit to do that.

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:52 pm

... and the acknowledge letter with all the original docs arrived today BUT with no certificate of application but a simple note saying "you'll be contacted on due course". This is so frustrating, do they actually know what an EU law means or just any law at all?

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Where does this leave you now? Has your stamp run out? In theory
you are well within your rights to visit the local immigration guard with the letter and a copy of the directive and argue that you should get a temporary stamp 4. Unfortunately he may give you a lesser stamp or even no stamp.

Anyone with any suggestions. Seems like we are in uncharted waters here.

migrantdude
Newly Registered

Post by migrantdude » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Well, essentially that leaves me very high and dry. The Garda didn't want to handle any request until I get an certificate of application from the EU Treaty Section. This sucks big time! On top of that, I just realized they forgot to send back several original documents and some of them couldn't be more crumbled. At least they could've bothered delivering all this in a bubble envelope as I did. Seriously, this is rather frustrating, I'm completely lost!

loverboy2
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi migrant dude, first of all sorry to hear about wat u goin thru, I myself apply for eu rights two week ago , but after reading about ur case it has also made me very sad and angry because I was looking forward to getting 6 month stamp as I wanted to visit my country after long time, but now its really made me of that its gonna take two month for them to.send u documents widout six month letter is unbelievable, this means have to spend niw money for solicitor