ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment with dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aknight

PEO appointment with dependent

Post by aknight » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to apply for a PEO appointment for my ILR application. My wife needs to apply Tier 1 G PBS dependent application as she has not completed 2 years in the UK as a dependent (nor she will complete by end of her visa). I know I can apply for these different application at one PEO (Thanks to Gurus who clarified this). But, when I book for PEO appointment, it asked me type of application and selected SET(O), then number of dependants, I gave 1 and proceeded ahead for booking. Is this alright? Does that not mean dependent on SET(O) application? Please advise.

Cheers,
Ram

aknight

Post by aknight » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 am

Anybody had a similar situation or somebody can help please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:58 am

I am almost sure you need two separate appointments as it is for two separate applications. Maybe a guru or other member can confirm.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aknight

Post by aknight » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:29 pm

CR001,

Can you check this post?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=137412

Any Gurus, can you please confirm?

Cheers,
Ram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm

The point I was making is that if you are applying for ILR, you cannot add your wife to the same appointment for ILR as your dependent as she is not applying at the same time as you for ILR and cannot apply on Set(O) and should complete the form that D4109125 posted the link for in your the thread you list.

Therefore I think she needs a separate appointment for her extension application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aknight

Post by aknight » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 am

Sorry but you confuse me CR001!

I'm not saying if I apply for ILR using SET(O), I would use the same form for my wife as dependent. I'm saying if I could use the form posted by D4109125 for my wife and use same PEO appointment for both of us. Please go through this carefully.

aknight wrote:
Thanks Amber

Yes, she got her PBS dependent in April 2012 and traveled to the UK then. I guess if we want to apply visa together (mine ILR and her's PBS dependent), they have to be two different applications. What is the form she has to use to extend her PBS dependent visa?

Cheers

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf and you should be able to do both at the sane peo

If the above is correct. Then I should be able to use only one PEO appointment for both me ILR and my wife PBS dependent. If this is right, then when booking my PEO appointment online, I select SET(O) and dependent 1 or no dependents?

Can any Gurus also please confirm and clarify? Thanks.

Cheers

aknight

Post by aknight » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:52 am

Any reply please?

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 pm

aknight wrote:Any reply please?
You need 2 separate appointments on the basis that they are 2 completely different applications which attract different fees.

The PEO you decide to use may not accept your wife's PBS Dep application if you haven't booked a separate appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Highly_Skilled wrote:
aknight wrote:Any reply please?
You need 2 separate appointments on the basis that they are 2 completely different applications which attract different fees.

The PEO you decide to use may not accept your wife's PBS Dep application if you haven't booked a separate appointment.
OP keeps asking the same question and getting the same answer :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=138472
Char (CR001 not Casa)