ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long resident Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orich888
Newly Registered

Long resident Dependant

Post by orich888 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:51 pm

I received my ILR long resident (10 years).
Now I have a dilemma how my wife can get ILR. We’ve been married here in the UK from sep 2008, she switched to tier 1 General dependant visa in 2009 and extended her stay as tier 1 G dependent in Oct 2010 and her visa will expire in Oct 2013. I received my ILR on basis of 10 years and I read (can’t find where?) successful stories about switching from Tier 1 G Dependant to ILR with SET (M) and FLR (M) at same PEO appointment.

We planning to try Croydon PEO
From my research I can conclude that she falls under old rules.
In this post is does not cowers our situation where dependant already lived more than 2 years as a Tier 1 General dependant.

Please advice:
1) Can my wife apply for ILR with SET (M) ? Is 287. (a) i(d) could be applied here? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have? Life in the UK and English?

2) Or should we apply with FLR (M) ? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have? English and in the UK?

Who have had same situations?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Long resident Dependant

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:58 pm

orich888 wrote:I received my ILR long resident (10 years).
Now I have a dilemma how my wife can get ILR. We’ve been married here in the UK from sep 2008, she switched to tier 1 General dependant visa in 2009 and extended her stay as tier 1 G dependent in Oct 2010 and her visa will expire in Oct 2013. I received my ILR on basis of 10 years and I read (can’t find where?) successful stories about switching from Tier 1 G Dependant to ILR with SET (M) and FLR (M) at same PEO appointment.

We planning to try Croydon PEO
From my research I can conclude that she falls under old rules.
In this post is does not cowers our situation where dependant already lived more than 2 years as a Tier 1 General dependant.

Please advice:
1) Can my wife apply for ILR with SET (M) ? Is 287. (a) i(d) could be applied here? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have? Life in the UK and English?

2) Or should we apply with FLR (M) ? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have? English and in the UK?

As your spouse was on a 'route to settlement PBS' dependent visa she can switch to part 8 flr(m) under the old rules and amalgamate this time with the PBS dep time and thus apply for settlement under set(m) immediately subject to meeting the requirements. As your spouse had a PBS dep visa from before July 2012 she would be under the old rules see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

orich888
Newly Registered

Post by orich888 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:56 am

D4109125 wrote:
orich888 wrote: Please advice:

As your spouse was on a 'route to settlement PBS' dependent visa she can switch to part 8 flr(m) under the old rules and amalgamate this time with the PBS dep time and thus apply for settlement under set(m) immediately subject to meeting the requirements. As your spouse had a PBS dep visa from before July 2012 she would be under the old rules see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/
THANK YOU it clarified for FLR (m), there stated that I need provide maintenance. How much I or we should show? do you have any examples please?

Also, we interested in question 1), someones experience of applying at PEO with FLr(M) and SET(M) and got ILR, please any suggestions?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:37 am

orich888 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
orich888 wrote: Please advice:

THANK YOU it clarified for FLR (m), there stated that I need provide maintenance. How much I or we should show? do you have any examples please?

Also, we interested in question 1), someones experience of applying at PEO with FLr(M) and SET(M) and got ILR, please any suggestions?
Adequate maintenance is said to be equal to income support. That would be Net income of £112.55 per week after deducting rent/housing costs for a couple with no children.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dza926

Post by dza926 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:54 am

D4109125 wrote:
Adequate maintenance is said to be equal to income support. That would be Net income of £112.55 per week after deducting rent/housing costs for a couple with no children.
Just curious, but is council tax considered part of housing costs?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:57 am

When I say housing costs I mean mortgage as opposed to rent.

dza926

Post by dza926 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Ah, ok, thank you.