ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College Revoked

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fbutt50

College Revoked

Post by fbutt50 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 pm

I was going to completle my 10 years lawful residnence in sep. 2014 but unfortunately my college got revoked for some reason and i am in a deep stress now i dono how am i gona get out of this problem. Its been 2 years i m in acca course with 3 papers cleared and this thing happened now can i ask you what is the best option for me in this scenario as i want to complete me 10 years ? Also i would like to put some questions for you as well.

1. Should i apply for the same course in the new college as the prgress is not good or go for the new course at same level 7.?

2. I have gone over 8 years now as a student but intersting thing is that i havn't completed my 5 years at degree level so will going over 8 years still be a problem for me. or will home office see whether i fall under the 5 years cap rule or not?

please guide me thru this issue.

thnx

adlakha84

Post by adlakha84 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 pm

If you are 18 years old or over, you can spend no more than three years in the UK studying below UK bachelor's degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student during your lifetime

This three-year limit does not include any time that you have spent studying below UK bachelor's degree level under:

the student rules that were in place before 31 March 2009

If you are 18 years old or over, you can spend no more than 5 years in the UK studying at or above UK bachelor's degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student. This 5-year limit is in addition to any time spent studying below degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student .

In your case how did u get admission on post graduate course on what basis ?

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:02 pm

the statement below you write is absolutely wrong therefore don't post anything wrong if you don't know about a particular rule. the right statement is followed by your statement.

'If you are 18 years old or over, you can spend no more than 5 years in the UK studying at or above UK bachelor's degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student. This 5-year limit is in addition to any time spent studying below degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student '.

''Some time limits were introduced on 6 April 2012 for degree level study. Any new Tier 4 application must lead to you spending no more than five years on courses at degree level. All time you have had leave under Tier 4 (or as a pre-Tier 4 student) counts towards the 5 years, except for the short extra time you are given before the course (maximum one month) and after a course (maximum four months)''

this is what the right statement and hopefully you now understand how i got admission in a said course.