ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WRS needed or not?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

WRS needed or not?

Post by Pablito » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:21 am

After coming back to UK I have realized that I lost my WRS certificate which I had since 2004.

I think it is possible for me to prove 5 years of residency in UK and obtain PR card, however the problem I believe will be with providing WRS, and as I read in many posts people have problems once they don't provide it in an application. i was going thru Directive but I couldn't find anything that would suggest it as mandatory requirement. Anyone can help to answer this dilemma?

boloney

Re: WRS needed or not?

Post by boloney » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 am

Pablito wrote:After coming back to UK I have realized that I lost my WRS certificate which I had since 2004.

I think it is possible for me to prove 5 years of residency in UK and obtain PR card, however the problem I believe will be with providing WRS, and as I read in many posts people have problems once they don't provide it in an application. i was going thru Directive but I couldn't find anything that would suggest it as mandatory requirement. Anyone can help to answer this dilemma?
it is needed, if you lost you could try obtain copy from HO sending SAR (they should have records of it, they had records of mine) but they may say they can`t accept photocopy even it was done by them.
it is mandatory as A8 citisens had to register and complete 12 months with one employer.
even you could explain in the letter that you lost it but you had it and it shall be in your file on HO database.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: WRS needed or not?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:55 am

Pablito wrote:After coming back to UK I have realized that I lost my WRS certificate which I had since 2004.

You are correct that the directive does not mention it.

As part of accession treaty, the UK was entitled to restrict employment for citizens of the new member states. They made holding a WRS a condition so for work to be considered to be legal is is a requirement.

Now, given your other threads and circumstances, I would suggest that you do not give any excuse for a refusal.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Eusmile and boloney, Thank you very much for your kind response.

Eusmile I thought to apply for residence card first to avoid any possible problems and then in the future I could also try to fight for my right for PR.

But you know I must tell you when it comes to giving them reasons for refusals, I don't even longer think that the word 'reason' applies here. For me this word it suppose to be action that carries meaning. I think these battles we fight with my wife are not against reason it is against lack of it that we fight, but thank you very much again Eusmile you are right to say better to avoid problems.