ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document requirements for 1st Child Passport at Fast Track

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

Document requirements for 1st Child Passport at Fast Track

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I am taking the following documents to the Fast Track appointment for 1st child passport for my son (previously on ILR, then registered section 1(3)

Completed Application Form - countersigned
2 photographs - one countersigned
Original child passport showing immigration history
Full birth certificate
Registration certificate under section 1 (3)
The fee
Both parents passports showing current ILR

Do I require anything else?
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere that I missed searching for.
Thanks in advance.

SpokenHands

Update

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Perhaps I should clarify that according to the passport guidance leaflets, the following documents are not required for a child passport for Child born in UK IN 2006. Acquired BC in 2012 when parents acquired ILR.

Full birth certificate
Parents passports and immigration history

My wife has just said that the Passport Advice Line also said to take along 5 years P60s for the parents, previous immigration stage correspondence, etc. but this doesn't appear to be correct advice.

I have read the FAQs but confusion arises from conflicting accounts on the leaflets, here, and advice helpline.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:51 pm

It seems that the adviceline thought the question is about a child born after parent ILR and not a registered BC.

The FAQ lists the evidence needed which is a passport (if has one), full birth certificate, registration certificate. Nothing else.

I don't think the passport guidelines state that a birth certificate is not required.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Thank you, Jambo. Much appreciated as always and advice noted.

Have the new HO branded passport guidance leaflet which on page 13 has a big X on the column titled Full Birth or Adoption Certificate. In any case will take it along. Thank you

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Update

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:47 pm

SpokenHands wrote:
My wife has just said that the Passport Advice Line also said to take along 5 years P60s for the parents, previous immigration stage correspondence, etc. but this doesn't appear to be correct advice.
This advice is for child of an EEA national, when the child's citizenship is being claimed/established/derived on the basis of parent/parents exercising treaty rights for 5 years before child's birth.