ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need clarification of a Ques in UK Visitor Visa online form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parwaz
Newly Registered

Need clarification of a Ques in UK Visitor Visa online form

Post by parwaz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello,

My Mother-in-Law is applying for a visit visa to come to UK for a period of 5 weeks only because we are expecting the birth of our first baby in September. She has 4 children but only 1 child aged 21 lives with her and is financially dependent on her. All her other children are married and lead their independent lives.

The online visa form has a question:

45 Do you have any dependant children? Answer is: Yes
46 How many children do you have? (what should be the answer here)

Shall I chose 1 or put 4 here as in the subsequent sections/pages it will then ask the details of all the children under the title Dependent Child (1), Dependent Child (2) and so on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abid

daggerhead
Newly Registered

my understanding is that it should be 1

Post by daggerhead » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 pm

I think it should be one as only one child is dependent on her currently.

Well thats what i gave for my inlaw application. (My inlaw has 2 children and my wife is her first daughter)

May be someone can clarify ?

parwaz
Newly Registered

Post by parwaz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks for the input.

It will be great to get at least one more comment confirming that only the dependent child name should go in the form and the answer is 1.

Anyone??

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.