ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the wife of a EEA national apply directly for ILR if the

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SerMCG
Newly Registered

Can the wife of a EEA national apply directly for ILR if the

Post by SerMCG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 am

I’m Italian and I’m in the UK on the basis that I work here. I’ve applied for British Citizenship just a few days ago.
My wife is Chinese national and has been here since October 2007. Her EEA2 expired in May 2013. If I didn’t plan to apply for Naturalisation, it would be time for her to apply for Permanent Residency with form called EEA4.
Instead of the EEA4 I want her to apply for ILR. It is a more powerful residency paper which also doesn’t need renewal.

Can she apply for ILR and when and how can she apply? Let’s say my British Citizenship is granted in September the 1st, can she apply for ILR at that time?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

Your wife is on the EEA route and can't now switch to UK regulations.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Can the wife of a EEA national apply directly for ILR if

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:52 pm

SerMCG wrote:I’m Italian and I’m in the UK on the basis that I work here. I’ve applied for British Citizenship just a few days ago.
My wife is Chinese national and has been here since October 2007. Her EEA2 expired in May 2013. If I didn’t plan to apply for Naturalisation, it would be time for her to apply for Permanent Residency with form called EEA4.
Instead of the EEA4 I want her to apply for ILR. It is a more powerful residency paper which also doesn’t need renewal.

Can she apply for ILR and when and how can she apply? Let’s say my British Citizenship is granted in September the 1st, can she apply for ILR at that time?
You as EEA national must have been a qualified person for the last 5 years in order to enable your Non-EEA national to secure her (EEA4) PR which is equivalent to ILR (Indefinite leave to remain). Both represents settled statuses and are for forever unless be lost with the absence of 2+ years.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS