ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank letter not mentioning transfer to the UK?!?!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AliF
Newly Registered

bank letter not mentioning transfer to the UK?!?!

Post by AliF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 am

i have access to about 350,000 sterling pounds outside the UK, but the bank refused to add to the statment letter that money can be transfered to the UK.
the bank manager stated that i can transfer my money anywhere in the world but they cant state it for some reason.

do you guys think that this might be a case of refusal from the immigration officer?

Regarads

Piyaji4200
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Piyaji4200 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:52 am

Hiya
Money held out of country with your name ??
Thanks

Piyaji4200
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Piyaji4200 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:54 am

You should need on letter
Money will be transfer able to Uk .
Check application form or policy guideline

Thanks

AliF
Newly Registered

Post by AliF » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:01 am

yes the money is held outside the UK in my name.

Piyaji4200
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Piyaji4200 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 am

According to home office fund will be transfer able in Uk.
So ask again to bank manger if he mention it this plus point don't give any single reason to ukba to play with your application
Play safe
Best of luck
Thanks

hey

Post by hey » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:08 am

My friend I got refusal on this basis. so try to get proper letter.
Thanks

rsrameshsunil

Re: bank letter not mentioning transfer to the UK?!?!

Post by rsrameshsunil » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am

AliF wrote:i have access to about 350,000 sterling pounds outside the UK, but the bank refused to add to the statment letter that money can be transfered to the UK.
the bank manager stated that i can transfer my money anywhere in the world but they cant state it for some reason.

do you guys think that this might be a case of refusal from the immigration officer?

Regarads
If your abroad bank has a branch in UK and if that UK branch is FSA regulated bank then you dont need to mention it.

Which bank is it?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: bank letter not mentioning transfer to the UK?!?!

Post by tuliprose » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:18 pm

AliF wrote:i have access to about 350,000 sterling pounds outside the UK, but the bank refused to add to the statment letter that money can be transfered to the UK.

Regarads
Bank Letter must show that funds are available to you, funds are freely transferable and disposable in UK and funds are held in a Regulated Financial Institution.

You are claiming 75 points in addition to 20 points for English language & maintenance funds.

75 points are made up as follows:

You have access to required level of funds: 25 points
Funds are freely transferable and disposable in UK: 25 points
Funds are held in a Regulated Financial Institution: 25 points

If your bank is also based in UK and its FSA regulated then you might need not mention that funds are transferable but still you mention in the bank letter that this bank FSA regulated in UK.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.