ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alikhanpk
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland

Post by alikhanpk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 am

Hi All,

i Applied for British citizenship. hopefully get it soon.

i m working in Tesco UK. and i m trying to Move to Ireland cz i want to call my Wife and 2 kids form pakistan and mostly ppl know that UKBA is now looking for about 26K per year if i want to call my family.

can Any body tell me how much money i need to Show Ireland Immigration to call my wife and 2 kids.

as job is not problem for me as i can easily transfar form Tesco Uk to Tesco Ireland.

Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Moving from the UK to Ireland for a job makes you an EU migrant worker. You can make the move immediately after you become a UK citizen.

You do not need to earn any particular amount to bring your wife/kids to Ireland. You just apply for a visa for them, including a copy of your marriage certificate, passport and payslip. Then the visa is automatic, as it is working that counts, not the amount that you earn. Eu migrant worker rights are better than UK citizen rights.

If your wages are low you can apply for Family Income supplement to help support the children. This is a means tested amount, calculated by looking at your income and the number of children in the household.

The income from Tesco is likely to be the same no matter where you live in Ireland, so if you move to a small town it is better because rents are cheaper in a small town than in Dublin. It is also cheaper to buy a house in a small town. If you do this you should pick a town with good transport links to Dublin, as it is easier for you to meet others from your home country in Dublin.

You also get child benefit as soon as the children come to Europe/Ireland (this is 130 euro per child per month). Again, simply send a payslip and the completed application form, with proof of identity such as the passport copy of each child.
BL

alikhanpk
Newly Registered

Post by alikhanpk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46 pm

thanks

its a good news for me.