ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization accepted but name unchanged

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ric1982
Member of Standing

Naturalization accepted but name unchanged

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,

My mrs has just got her BC approved but her name is unchanged on the acceptance letter. We did mention this on Application form. (via NCS)

How do we make this change?

The name change is as follows:

Maryben James Smith TO Mary James Smith.

Who do we contact?
Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 pm

they will print the name as it appears in the passport/marriage or birth certificate, unless a deed poll etc is submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

CR001 wrote:they will print the name as it appears in the passport/marriage or birth certificate, unless a deed poll etc is submitted.
So can I request to change this with deed poll or is it too late?

or Is it possible to do this at the time of passport application. i.e. submit deed poll certi. with the passport application

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:01 pm

It does looks like UKBA didnt took the request into consideration and neither did they asked for any documents!!!! So I have to spend another £94 to apply for correction!!! ( I have been advised by NCS that they will contact us if they need anything)

These people are just bunch of robbers!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is it worth going for correction in Naturalization certificate with spending £94.00 or just apply for Passport with new name (with deed poll) and leave naturalization certificate as it is.

Any advise!!!??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I would do deed poll and then passport - it will be quicker and cheaper. Submit deed poll with certificate and application and it should be fine.

I left my daughter's middle name off her citizenship application and the UKBA wrote to me asking for documentary proof of the name as it was not the same as in the passport and on birth certificate, hence why I say they print what is recorded in the passport unless you provide official documents to say otherwise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.