ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babycakes

Re: Update!

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
babycakes wrote:Flro exentsion application granted,

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations babe!!! Great start of the week with seriously great news!!
congratulations ....you are free at last......all the best for the future...... : :D :D :D
Thanks I am so deflated after fighting so much but I am relieved. Sigh

Thanks again.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

verbina wrote:

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations babe!!! Great start of the week with seriously great news!!
Thanks

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:24 am

sanny26 wrote:

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats hun I was waiting for this update strangely u was on ma mind this morning because I know good news is coming your way.
Thank you dear. Just get you letters ready, school medical and so forth.
Your time is coming.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats hun I was waiting for this update strangely u was on ma mind this morning because I know good news is coming your way.
Your time is coming.
Congratulations babycakes!!! What a great way to start the week!!!

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.

Congratulations Babycakes, your patience has finally paid. Enjoy your freedom!

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations!!! Babycakes happy for you. More positive news to come to all. Amin

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:16 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

After exactly 14 months.

Thanks everyone.
Your time is coming.
Congratulations
Godgives

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Just a quick update on my case, I was refused an FLR (O) on the 15/04/13. I used a Solicitor for this application. I got free legal advice and JR was a reasonable option, Since I had no finances I started the process of the JR myself. I sent in a PAP in May (received on 8/5/13), I called HO about a week after the 14 days, the customer advisor confirmed the receipt and said it is being processed (their usual automated response).
29 days after the required 14 days, I emailed them explaining that it is a reminder that they have not yet responded to the PAP. Unknown to me my response was downstairs (It has already been delivered by the postman). :shock:.
Well! Well! Well!, Folks it was the same response as the initial decision they gave.... So folks I am going to take the case to court. The only problem is that I have no money to employ a Solicitor. However I have Allah and like we believe in this Forum they are all humans like ourselves. What's gonna be gonna be 8). I am still scouting round whether I can get a lawyer that can do it for me PRO BONO. So far the search is giving positive results, either way I am a winner, "Failures are steps in the ladder of success" :D
That's all for now folks :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

@babycakes I have email my mp caseworker and she replied and said that she is certain the ombudsman won't investigate my case,really don't know what to do next honestly I have tried everything.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Just a quick update on my case, I was refused an FLR (O) on the 15/04/13. I used a Solicitor for this application. I got free legal advice and JR was a reasonable option, Since I had no finances I started the process of the JR myself. I sent in a PAP in May (received on 8/5/13), I called HO about a week after the 14 days, the customer advisor confirmed the receipt and said it is being processed (their usual automated response).
29 days after the required 14 days, I emailed them explaining that it is a reminder that they have not yet responded to the PAP. Unknown to me my response was downstairs (It has already been delivered by the postman). :shock:.
Well! Well! Well!, Folks it was the same response as the initial decision they gave.... So folks I am going to take the case to court. The only problem is that I have no money to employ a Solicitor. However I have Allah and like we believe in this Forum they are all humans like ourselves. What's gonna be gonna be 8). I am still scouting round whether I can get a lawyer that can do it for me PRO BONO. So far the search is giving positive results, either way I am a winner, "Failures are steps in the ladder of success" :D

Hun sorry to hear that. Isit possible if you can give me the email address u used to email them about your pre action protocol letter.

Divine mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Divine mercy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Good day everyone,pls I am new here.i will like to ask babycakes when u will apply for indefinite.Since your leave continues before it was extended and the extention was not backdated,is the six years includes the 14 months u have waited for the renewal?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Just a quick update on my case, I was refused an FLR (O) on the 15/04/13. I used a Solicitor for this application. I got free legal advice and JR was a reasonable option, Since I had no finances I started the process of the JR myself. I sent in a PAP in May (received on 8/5/13), I called HO about a week after the 14 days, the customer advisor confirmed the receipt and said it is being processed (their usual automated response).
Sorry to hear about your refusal hun, but well done keeping them spirits up! Taking my hat off to your bravery and taking the matters in your own hands! Hope you find a good PRO BONO representative and good luck and God Bless!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Divine mercy wrote:Good day everyone,pls I am new here.i will like to ask babycakes when u will apply for indefinite.Since your leave continues before it was extended and the extention was not backdated,is the six years includes the 14 months u have waited for the renewal?
Good question!! Thats something I would like to know also :)

Welcome to the forum babe! :)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:02 pm

@ Sanny26

I don't see why the ombudsman would not investigate if you wrote to the Complaint Department of the H.O and you did not get a satisfactory response.

The problem with your approach is that you are using two different routes, at the same time.
Pre-action protocol is the initial stage of a legal proceeding (Judicial Review). “Both the Claimant and Defendant may be required by the Court to provide evidence that alternative means of resolving their dispute were considered”.
“The MP and the Ombudsman” is an alternative way of resolving your dispute with the H.O. The H.O could adjourn your case (JR) in front the Judge by mentioning that you and them are settling the matter through your M.P. And as a consequence, your case could take longer than you expected.
I was trying to show you how engaging in both routes at the same time, could be risky. I hope you don’t have to go through this by forcing your way through to the ombudsman. God bless you!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:04 pm

verbina wrote:Anyway, just thought I add my 2 cents to the subject re. @Kaban:

My friend was out on temporary admission and reporting once a week, they had her home address and all the paperwork . Her original Article 8 app was refused, but her appeal in tribunal was pending.

So basically, she went to report as usual, they detained her there and then (she went with her English fiancee), they only let him see her 3 minutes like. Then they sent her to local police station, kept her in the cell, then to Yarl's Wood, then after a week in detention on the flight to Moscow :(

I mean they could've easily gone to her house to arrest her, but chose to wait until she came to them. I ve no idea why they do it, maybe its *cheaper* that way... Who knows...

@Kaban, please be careful and let us know how it goes!
May God answer all our prayer here. We will all receive positive result from Home Office by God's grace.
Ale001

papamomo
Newly Registered

DOCUMENTS NOT RECEIVED

Post by papamomo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi
I'd just like to say congrats to those who got good news this Monday..

A recent update to my case. I decided to phone the UKBA to find out the progress of my application.
Spoke to a nice lady. She told me that the documents requested by the caseworker had not been received yet.These were sent to my lawyer on the 20th May.
I called the lawyer and he confirmed that the documents were sent and that the system at the UKBA takes 3 weeks to get updated!!

Is this true?
I don't who to beleive really..Lawyer seem to have forgoten about me when we spoke maybe he was busy. He did not remember who I was or the application I made.. He has a good reputation amongst a lot of forum users.. and they recommend him.
I 'm not worried but I feel like I need to get the recorded delivery number from the lawyer without sounding like I'm checking up on his work..

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Sorry about this decision. May God help you. Keep trying and keep Ur faith up. It shall be well
Godgives

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Chidy wrote:@ Sanny26

I don't see why the ombudsman would not investigate if you wrote to the Complaint Department of the H.O and you did not get a satisfactory response.

The problem with your approach is that you are using two different routes, at the same time.
Pre-action protocol is the initial stage of a legal proceeding (Judicial Review). “Both the Claimant and Defendant may be required by the Court to provide evidence that alternative means of resolving their dispute were considered”.
“The MP and the Ombudsman” is an alternative way of resolving your dispute with the H.O. The H.O could adjourn your case (JR) in front the Judge by mentioning that you and them are settling the matter through your M.P. And as a consequence, your case could take longer than you expected.
I was trying to show you how engaging in both routes at the same time, could be risky. I hope you don’t have to go through this by forcing your way through to the ombudsman. God bless you!

Ok hun thanx for that advise,I'm just gona go along with the pre action route and see what happens.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 pm

sanny26 wrote:@babycakes I have email my mp caseworker and she replied and said that she is certain the ombudsman won't investigate my case,really don't know what to do next honestly I have tried everything.

Contact the ombudsman and tell them wat she said that is so not true.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Divine mercy wrote:Good day everyone,pls I am new here.i will like to ask babycakes when u will apply for indefinite.Since your leave continues before it was extended and the extention was not backdated,is the six years includes the 14 months u have waited for the renewal?

Welcome sweetie,

Lol I would also like to know I have only receive my resident card so far, which expires 20.06.16.

The other documents should arrive tomorrow, I will check and update you.

rec212

Update

Post by rec212 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi everyone, my solicitor received my bio letter on the 13th and he forgot to send it to me so now i only have 5 days left! I applied on the 5th of June...
I am hoping i'll get there on time.

@ Al haqq, i am sorry to hear that your application was refused. I am sure you will be fine and You will be mentioned to my prayer to Allah almighty :-)

Good luck everyone and happy days for those who were granted!! :D

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

FLR(o) EXTENSION

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 pm

hi guys @ wat stage do i need to get d ombudsman involved? ...........i hv only just had a meetin with my mp on saturday and he s promised to chase the HO up ...
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 pm

@babycakes congrat let yr hair down and enjoyyrself.... and hope we all get good
news this month in jesus name..

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@babycakes congrat let yr hair down and enjoyyrself.... and hope we all get good
news this month in jesus name..
Thanks. How long u been waiting?
Contact them they will advise you.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 pm

bn waiting 8and half months