ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current work permit processing times?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nan
Newly Registered

Current work permit processing times?

Post by Nan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Hello,

Just wondered whether anyone knew the current average processing times for work permits. I've been told it could take longer than the 5-10 working taken before 1st April. Does anyone have any recent experience of this? Mine was sent in last Thursday so I know it's early days, but just want to try and gauge roughly how long for booking travel etc.

Cheers

turquoise
Newly Registered

Post by turquoise » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Nan, try checking on: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk
Once on that page, on the left click on "Applying"
Once on that page, on left click on "Making an application"
Then, scroll down, and you'll see the table of processing times.

It looks like for pretty much all types of applications they are working on ones sent in March. I too have applied (for CoA), and am anticipating a longer than usual wait- I'm sure they received loads more applications than usual because of the fee increase on 2nd April.

Nan
Newly Registered

Post by Nan » Tue May 01, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks for this. I thought that might be the case! It's already been a marathon wait in Melbourne waiting for my employer to get their part of the application stuff together so hopefully it'll all speed up sometime soon. When did you put your application in if you don't mind asking?

turquoise
Newly Registered

Post by turquoise » Tue May 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Hi Nan, I sent it last week Monday (23 April). Got a letter three days later saying they had received it. Bad timing for us- we had to wait till my O/H got his divorce certificate before we could apply for permission to marry. Now, we're in a time crunch to marry before my work permit expires but can't do anything of course till we get permission. We'll either just make it or miss it.
Good Luck to you- here's hoping it won't take much longer than usual to process our applications. Sucks that we had to do it after the fee increased, eh?!

Nan
Newly Registered

Post by Nan » Sat May 05, 2007 3:00 am

Wow what a stress. Life in limbo aint easy is it? I hope you just make it! Good luck!