ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa - Property Business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa - Property Business

Post by amritkapoor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 am

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have tried to do the research myself. My parents want to file the tier 1 entrepreneur visa. They have been in this country 2-3 times on visitor visa.

They want to come here on 200K category and wish to invest in property. I read that buying and selling property will not be considered as an investment.

We were just wondering if buying a property, declaring it as HMO (house of multiple occupancy) or running it like a B&B, will that be considered as a business and be considered for Tier 1 investment?

Will also appreciate if people here can suggest about any other dealings in property that can be considered for this category

Thanks in advance

nhpatel9
Mood:
India

Hi

Post by nhpatel9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am

Hi,
As long as they are not living in that property in which they invested. That particular investment wil be count towards business investment .

Regards.

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by amritkapoor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks nhpatel9 for your reply .. but just want to be sure about the same and reason for asking the question again is the following line that is given in the guidance document for this visa ---

The amount of money invested should not:
• include the value of any residential accommodation or property development, or property management; or

above says property development and property management as well and hence was not too sure ... otherwise owning a property and letting them out on rental basis would have been the easiest investment and everyone may have done the same (provided they have the required funds) to get this visa and entry into UK

Request some advise

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by amritkapoor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 am

amritkapoor wrote:Thanks nhpatel9 for your reply .. but just want to be sure about the same and reason for asking the question again is the following line that is given in the guidance document for this visa ---

The amount of money invested should not:
• include the value of any residential accommodation or property development, or property management; or

above says property development and property management as well and hence was not too sure ... otherwise owning a property and letting them out on rental basis would have been the easiest investment and everyone may have done the same (provided they have the required funds) to get this visa and entry into UK

Request some advise
Also, following are some additional lines from the same guidance document ---

Property development and property management are excluded from the types of investment accepted for the award of points Investment in property development and management will not be taken into account for the award of points. This is because it is not the intention of this category to allow you to set up as a landlord and let properties in the United Kingdom. The intention is to promote United Kingdom competitiveness in business and to focus the investment on promoting business beneficial to the United Kingdom economy.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 pm

buying a residential property, declaring it as HMO (house of multiple occupancy) or running it like a B&B or whatever - will not be counted as investment

However if you buy a commercial property where you have setup your own business then this would definitely be counted as investment.

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by amritkapoor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks for the reply ..
What classify as a commercial property ? and how easy/difficult or different is to buy a commercial property as compared to a residential property ?

Thanks

MBAGraduate
Newly Registered

Post by MBAGraduate » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:05 am

amritkapoor wrote:
What classify as a commercial property ?

Commercial property refers to buildings or land intended to generate a profit; either from capital gain or rental income.

How easy/difficult or different is to buy a commercial property as compared to a residential property ?

There are number of well known real estate companies in UK that could deal with both residential and commercial properties. Process would not be difficult as long as you have deep pockets (Enough money to Buy a Commercial property in UK)

Hope that assist you.

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by amritkapoor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Based upon the definition of commercial property, even property generating rental income can be classified as commercial whereas the guidance says otherwise ... .

I am a bit confused now

QualifyingforT1E
Newly Registered

Commercial property

Post by QualifyingforT1E » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a question here relating commercial property on which business is being carried out.
1) Like many others I have been looking for a commercial property to buy/rent to carry out my existing business.
2) If I decide to buy a commercial property, I have two options
a) Either I buy the propery or
b) my company (of which I am the sole director) buys the same property.
3) My accountant is strongly suggesting me NOT to buy the property in company's name. I understand why.
4) Which leaves me with no option but to buy the property in my own name. If I buy this property in my own name and being a commercial property, can this money be included as a part of investment, even though I have physically not transferred money to my business account or
5) Is it acceptable (and treated as an investment) if my company officially pays rent for the space its using even though its directors personal property (ofcourse a contract is signed between the company and me). Does this classify an as investment? Ofcourse I would be on the other hand investing my own money into my business.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.