ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

don60
Newly Registered

Accomodation

Post by don60 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Can someone please put me wise.
I am a British citizen and my wife is a non EU citizen.
I am in the UK and my wife is still oversea's.
I want to apply for a settlement Visa for my wife.
I am looking for accommodation for her and our child under one year old.
I have seen cheap accommodation where you get your own room but share other parts of the house, is this type of accommodation acceptable to UKBA or will I need to find accommodation that is exclusive.

Please advise.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Yes it is acceptable for the purpose you require it for :wink:

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

batleykhan wrote:Yes it is acceptable for the purpose you require it for :wink:
Can A friend let me use his spare room?

How do I go about this process?

What documents will I need to show the UKBA?

Thanks for your quick answer :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 13, 2013 8:55 pm

don60 wrote:

The only problem that I have come across with this, is that the ECO does not believe this facility is guaranteed to be available when your spouse arrives in UK.Its only a verbal agreement between friends which can easily be broken by your friend

Ideally you want to rent the room and get a signed Assured short hold tenancy agreement from your friend/landlord. this gives you rights under law not to be evicted from the room/property as long as AST is in force

Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement signed both by you and your landlord

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

The only problem that I have come across with this, is that the ECO does not believe this facility is guaranteed to be available when your spouse arrives in UK.Its only a verbal agreement between friends which can easily be broken by your friend

Ideally you want to rent the room and get a signed Assured short hold tenancy agreement from your friend/landlord. this gives you rights under law not to be evicted from the room/property as long as AST is in force

Thanks for your reply. :)

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 am

don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

There has been a change in my circumstance's, I now have managed to buy a flat. Its going to take around 8-12 weeks to finalise all the paperwork so I can show UKBA that I will have a place to live in the UK, could anybody advise me on how my wife can submit a settlement visa application before the 8-12 week process is completed?

Thanks kindly :)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Until you've exchanged contracts - no sale is done.

Wait until you've exchanged contracts - and then send signed copies of the contracts.

But that's still risky that the ECO could argue it wouldn't be available for her arrival. Best course is to wait until you've completed on the flat.

M.

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 am

MPH80 wrote:Until you've exchanged contracts - no sale is done.

Wait until you've exchanged contracts - and then send signed copies of the contracts.

But that's still risky that the ECO could argue it wouldn't be available for her arrival. Best course is to wait until you've completed on the flat.

M.

As I am a first time buyer, what document would I actually receive to show proof of ownership?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 am

The best proof of ownership is a copy of the title register from the land registry.

You'll get that post sale completion once your solicitor has done the registration.

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am

MPH80 wrote:The best proof of ownership is a copy of the title register from the land registry.

You'll get that post sale completion once your solicitor has done the registration.
Thanks very much. :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 21, 2013 7:02 pm

don60 wrote:
don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

There has been a change in my circumstance's, I now have managed to buy a flat. Its going to take around 8-12 weeks to finalise all the paperwork so I can show UKBA that I will have a place to live in the UK, could anybody advise me on how my wife can submit a settlement visa application before the 8-12 week process is completed?

It is possible to do this,but as has been previously stated it is a risk.The requirement is that you do not have to show accommodation is available in advance of the applicant coming to the Uk. You have to show that it is available if and at the time they arrive in the UK. Therefore it is possible that if you can get your solicitor to confirm it in writing that they are in the process of acting for you in the purchase of the property and that it everything will be finalized in 8-12 weeks,then it will suffice.You can therefore apply for your spouse visa and by the time it is processed and granted,hopefully the property will be in your name and available.

However as MPH says it is a risk, and if you want to be 100% safe then wait till its completed

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 am

batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:
don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

It is possible to do this,but as has been previously stated it is a risk.The requirement is that you do not have to show accommodation is available in advance of the applicant coming to the Uk. You have to show that it is available if and at the time they arrive in the UK. Therefore it is possible that if you can get your solicitor to confirm it in writing that they are in the process of acting for you in the purchase of the property and that it everything will be finalized in 8-12 weeks,then it will suffice.You can therefore apply for your spouse visa and by the time it is processed and granted,hopefully the property will be in your name and available.

However as MPH says it is a risk, and if you want to be 100% safe then wait till its completed

Yes, it is a risk, I will have to think about this one as I don't want to drag this process on. I wish there was a person in UKBA whom one could talk to about this to discuss this matter.
Thanks again :)

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:45 am

don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:
don60 wrote:

Yes, it is a risk, I will have to think about this one as I don't want to drag this process on. I wish there was a person in UKBA whom one could talk to about this to discuss this matter.
Thanks again :)

I was just wondering, will I also need to show documents like council tax registration and some utility bills to show I actually live in the property?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Yes you will have to as that is evidence you live there :wink:

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Accommodation

Post by Alex3977 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:35 pm

As per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf guidelines its require any of mentioned docs for accommodation. Authority lttr signed by lanlord frnd+utility bill+ signed passport copy would be enough ?

don60
Newly Registered

Re: Accommodation

Post by don60 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:01 am

Alex3977 wrote:As per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf guidelines its require any of mentioned docs for accommodation. Authority lttr signed by lanlord frnd+utility bill+ signed passport copy would be enough ?
Thank Alex for that link.

I am unemployed at the moment but in the process of setting up as self employed so I will be applying with savings as I do not yet have an income, my savings meet the required £ 65'000+ and my daughter is already a BC, could you please give me the link for the application and correct appendix for this route.

I find the UKBA website to complicated :?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 pm

don60 wrote:
Alex3977 wrote:As per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf guidelines its require any of mentioned docs for accommodation. Authority lttr signed by lanlord frnd+utility bill+ signed passport copy would be enough ?

I am unemployed at the moment but in the process of setting up as self employed so I will be applying with savings as I do not yet have an income, my savings meet the required £ 65'000+ and my daughter is already a BC, could you please give me the link for the application and correct appendix for this route.

I think this is what you are looking for
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:53 pm

batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

Thanks batleykhan, do you have the link that would bring me to the correct application form to down load together with the appendix that matches that application? :D

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:01 pm

don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

Thanks batleykhan, do you have the link that would bring me to the correct application form to down load together with the appendix that matches that application? :D
Is this the correct application form to be used for settlement visa for my non eu wife?

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A NOVEMBER 2012)
FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM
This form is for use outside the UK only.
This form is provided free of charge.

Also we have a child born in a non EU country but has already got a British passport because child has aquired BC through decent, so when answering question: applying for dependent child, do I put 1 child or zero?

Also there is a question asking if my wife intends to work in the UK, should I put yes? She will work eventually.

Thanks

:)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 pm

don60 wrote:
don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:

Is this the correct application form to be used for settlement visa for my non eu wife?

Yes these are the correct forms

Also we have a child born in a non EU country but has already got a British passport because child has aquired BC through decent, so when answering question: applying for dependent child, do I put 1 child or zero?

Put Zero as he/she is not applying for a visa as they already have British passport

Also there is a question asking if my wife intends to work in the UK, should I put yes? She will work eventually.

No harm if you want to put it down, I always state " No, but if required to do so to support family, then yes she will work". This gives them a hint that she is not coming here to to take jobs that would otherwise be taken by the indeginious community.......if you know what I mean !!!!

Thanks

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 am

batleykhan wrote:
don60 wrote:
don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Yes these are the correct forms

Put Zero as he/she is not applying for a visa as they already have British passport

No harm if you want to put it down, I always state " No, but if required to do so to support family, then yes she will work". This gives them a hint that she is not coming here to to take jobs that would otherwise be taken by the indeginious community.......if you know what I mean !!!!

Thanks

I have found this link to application form that also come with information on how to fill in, could you look to see if this application form will be the correct one.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... vaf4a2.pdf

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:01 am

Yes the above is for the Appendix form whilst the one below is for the application form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf4a.pdf

You need both forms

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 pm

batleykhan wrote:Yes the above is for the Appendix form whilst the one below is for the application form

You need both forms

Can you look at question 3.3 meeting the financial requirements, their are so many boxes, its so confusing, their are 2 category A and 2 category B!

I will just be applying : cash savings so I tick : complete part 3F? Do I also tick category F?

don60
Newly Registered

Post by don60 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:51 pm

don60 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Yes the above is for the Appendix form whilst the one below is for the application form

You need both forms

Can you look at question 3.3 meeting the financial requirements, their are so many boxes, its so confusing, their are 2 category A and 2 category B!

I will just be applying : cash savings so I tick : complete part 3F? Do I also tick category F?

Anybody? :(

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:31 pm

You will be applying under Cat D, therefore you need to fill part 3F of the form :wink: