ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advise

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

million111

Please Advise

Post by million111 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 pm

I should be thankful if somebody can advise me what to do as I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.All documents were including except my EEA wife's self employment documents. I included the online confirmation of self assessment registration and accountants letter.
The Certificate Of Application issued did not give me right to take up employment in the United Kingdom. I have not received any information from the till now. I have been waiting for 5months now.

App sent:22/01/13
Received:23/01/13
COA received:22/02/13(dated 15/02/13) no work permitted.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Now what is your question?

million111

Post by million111 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm

What can I do to get working. I really don't know why I was issued with COA and no work permitted.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 am

Technically as a family member of an EEA national who is a qualified person in the uk,you don't need any permission from home office.
You can ask to home office to issue you a correct COA as you are a family member of an EEA national.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Please Advise

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 am

million111 wrote:All documents were including except my EEA wife's self employment documents. I included the online confirmation of self assessment registration and accountants letter.
The Certificate Of Application issued did not give me right to take up employment in the United Kingdom.
Could be a mistake or could be the reason that EEA national is not qualified person because you attached incomplete documents for EEA's self employment. Refer to self employment docuements at:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105916
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

million111

Post by million111 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

Do they have the right to refuse me work starting from issue of COA?
Reason that EEA national is not qualified person because I attached incomplete documents for EEA's self employment.

If it was a mistake which has resulted effect in my relationship as am now a liability instead of blessing. What shall I do?

vinny

Re: Certificate of Application no work permitted.

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:22 pm

million111 wrote:I should be thankful if somebody can advise me what to do as I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.All documents were including except my EEA wife's self employment documents. I included the online confirmation of self assessment registration and accountants letter.
The Certificate Of Application issued did not give me right to take up employment in the United Kingdom. I have not received any information from the till now. I have been waiting for 5months now.

What can I do to get working. I really don't know why I was issued with COA and no work permitted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

million111

Post by million111 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 pm

You did not ans my question. What are you talking about?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:43 pm

vinny wrote:Please continue in previous thread.
You should continue your questions in this thread and not create new threads on the same topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

million111

Post by million111 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:44 pm

I should be thankful if somebody can advise me what to do as I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.All documents were including except my EEA wife's self employment documents. I included the online confirmation of self assessment registration and accountants letter.

httdong
Newly Registered

Post by httdong » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I guess you can ask them to explain why the COA denied your right to work and ask them to give you the correct one if it is their mistake. If it is not a mistake, it might be because there is not enough evidence of EEA exercising treaty right so they need to verify the document before confirming your right to work. This case you can not do a thing rather than waiting
If you are in employment now I think it is possible to carry on the work as you are while waiting for final decision but if your employer asks for proof you might have difficulties showing them you have the right to work

million111

Post by million111 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 am

My job was terminated because no further prove of right to take up employment in the UK. Who can I call or write to concerning getting the correct COA?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

million111

Post by million111 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I should be thankful if somebody can advise me what to do as I made an application for Residence Card EEA2 as a non-EEA national family member(Husband) of an EEA national.All documents were including my wife's self employment documents sent on the 20/06/13. I included the online confirmation of self assessment registration and accountants letter with the application on 22/01/13 .
The Certificate Of Application issued did not give me right to take up employment in the United Kingdom. I have not received any information from them till now.

self employment documents 20/06/13.

What can I do to get working. I really don't know why I was issued with COA and no work permitted. Today my employer after checking with the UKBA they still did not confirm my right to work.They say that I have not been issued with a 'Certificate of Application' and that I may be able to acquire the necessary version of the 'Certificate of Application' if the appropriate documentary evidence is provided to caseworkers at the Home Office. this was the same reply they gave before I did send my wife's self employment documents on 20/06/13.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

In law, a family member of an EU national living in the UK in accordance with the regulations can work.

I would suggest you contact UKBA and push for a decision on your application. I would query why they were unable to confirm your right to work in the COA.

million111

Post by million111 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:44 pm

They last told me that all the documents that resulted to such COA(with no work) are now available due to the document I send to them. But my question is since 10/06/13 they received those documents they should have authorise my work. I followed it up with a letter requesting for the correct COA. Do I need to give them more time or continue calling on phone.I will be happy, If someone can give me an email to reach an important helper there.

million111

Post by million111 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:38 pm

After 6 months I'm still waiting for my residence card. Really don't know what to do. Your help and advice will be appreciated.
Last edited by million111 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:49 am