ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residential Requirements for British Citizenship-- Confused.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narulade

Residential Requirements for British Citizenship-- Confused.

Post by narulade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm

HI Guys

i am confused .. i am in Uk from last 7 years now .. started with work permit and then on HSMP and now on Tier 1 General . plan to apply for ILR by Year end .. just want to check can i apply directly for british Citizenship if not can i apply for ILR and then straight away for british Citizenship or i need to wait after my ILR for some time and then only apply for british citizenship

Thanks for your help i am really confused

Residential requirements
To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:

been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
been present in the UK five years before the date of your application;
and
not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 pm

narulade

Post by narulade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks Jambo for clarifying . things are clear now