ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding calculating continuous period in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiwi79
Newly Registered

Question regarding calculating continuous period in UK

Post by kiwi79 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding calculating my continuous period in UK.

I was initially granted my Tier 1 visa on 05/02/09 but did not enter the UK until 11/05/09. My current extended Tier 1 visa expires on 16/03/14.

As I have a period greater then 90 days between entry clearance and entering the UK, I would have to apply for an extension next year to satisfy the 5 year minimum.

However, in the period of 11/05/09 and 16/03/14 there are only 66 days missing of 5 years. Does this mean I would be ok to apply for ILR straight away?

Any help would be appreciated!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Question regarding calculating continuous period in UK

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

kiwi79 wrote:Hi,

granted my Tier 1 visa on 05/02/09
enter the UK 11/05/09.
Tier 1 visa expires on 16/03/14.

I have a period greater then 90 days between entry clearance and entering the UK, I would have to apply for an extension next year to satisfy the 5 year minimum.

However, in the period of 11/05/09 and 16/03/14 there are only 66 days missing of 5 years. Does this mean I would be ok to apply for ILR straight away?

Any help would be appreciated!
There is no exception granted for your kind of situation. Possible but long winded solution - send your T1 extension form/docs via post slightly before your current visa expires, and if you do not have a decision on T1 extension by the time you complete 5 years, you could possibly apply for a ILR - a route called varying your application.

But this is going to be a long winded approach, you will be without your passport until (if) you get ILR. If cost is not a factor, get your extension first, and apply for ILR when you are ready with all criteria.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Agreed you should get your extension and be safe.