ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1(general) extension refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohid.khan
Newly Registered

tier 1(general) extension refusal

Post by mohid.khan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 pm

I applied for my tier 1 gen(extension) in march 2013. my first grant application was submitted on 15 july2010, therefore rules before 19 july2010 were considered though first grant was also given on appeal and I got my tier 1 (general) in march 2011. my first grant was approved with 75 points but my extension was rejected on the basis that I need to have 80 points as per the new rule. as far as I know the points for both first grant and extension are to b same that is 75 in my case. can any one please guide me if there are any new rules saying change of points.
and if the date of application submitted is considered or the date of visa granted considered while applying for the extension.
regards

danysoho

Re: tier 1(general) extension refusal

Post by danysoho » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 pm

mohid.khan wrote:I applied for my tier 1 gen(extension) in march 2013. my first grant application was submitted on 15 july2010, therefore rules before 19 july2010 were considered though first grant was also given on appeal and I got my tier 1 (general) in march 2011. my first grant was approved with 75 points but my extension was rejected on the basis that I need to have 80 points as per the new rule. as far as I know the points for both first grant and extension are to b same that is 75 in my case. can any one please guide me if there are any new rules saying change of points.
and if the date of application submitted is considered or the date of visa granted considered while applying for the extension.
regards
Is simple, lodge an appeal. As for you initial visa was granted on the rule b/4 19 July 10 so when the visa was was stamp is not an issue. Some of the caseworkers lake common sense.

mohid.khan
Newly Registered

Post by mohid.khan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:29 pm

ok alright thanks a lot for your help, hope all goes well