ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M And SET M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ellym
Newly Registered

FLR M And SET M

Post by Ellym » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:58 pm

I was recently granted ILR under 10 year long residence. Prior to my ILR, I was on the old work permit for 5 years finishing July 2013.

I am aware that my wife who has been my dependant for nearly 7 years is not eligible to apply for SET M directly. She will need to apply FLR M and almost immediately switch to SET M.

My question is, has anyone had a situation where both FLR M and SET M have been processed at the time at PEO? I intend to have both forms ready at the time of the interview but it would be helpful to hear from those who have been this process after 6th April 2013.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M And SET M

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Ellym wrote:I was recently granted ILR under 10 year long residence. Prior to my ILR, I was on the old work permit for 5 years finishing July 2013.

I am aware that my wife who has been my dependant for nearly 7 years is not eligible to apply for SET M directly. She will need to apply FLR M and almost immediately switch to SET M.

My question is, has anyone had a situation where both FLR M and SET M have been processed at the time at PEO? I intend to have both forms ready at the time of the interview but it would be helpful to hear from those who have been this process after 6th April 2013.
You would have to do them separately.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ellym
Newly Registered

Post by Ellym » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Just a quick update of my situation.

I had an appointment on 5th July and had my wife's SET (M) approved. I had FLR M ready as well just in case they made things difficult for us.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Please clarify, are you saying the applicant applied for set(m) without changing to flr(m) first?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ellym
Newly Registered

Post by Ellym » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:51 pm

D4109125 wrote:Please clarify, are you saying the applicant applied for set(m) without changing to flr(m) first?
That's right

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Ellym wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Please clarify, are you saying the applicant applied for set(m) without changing to flr(m) first?
That's right
Some people have been declined when they tried to do this. What exactly did the case worker say? Also, I take it the PBS dep visa expired after the 2 year qualifying period?

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Ellym wrote:I was recently granted ILR under 10 year long residence.
Can you please let me know how long it took to grant ILR?

Many thanks,
Irfan.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 am

I would have recommended SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ellym
Newly Registered

Post by Ellym » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:55 pm

rmkirfan wrote:

Many thanks,
Irfan.
Sorry for the delay.

Application date: 07/01/13
Approval date: 07/05/13

Ellym
Newly Registered

Post by Ellym » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Ellym wrote:
That's right
Some people have been declined when they tried to do this. What exactly did the case worker say? Also, I take it the PBS dep visa expired after the 2 year qualifying period?
Sorry for the delay.

- At the entrance (immediately after security checks) where they check whether you have downloaded the current form, I pointed out that I had that I had both FLR M and SET M completed. The gentleman who served said that he didn't know which form was suitable but he validated FLR M and told us to talk to customer service upstairs before proceeding to the cashiers section.

The gentlemen in customer service was unsure and took SET M and went to check with a supervisor. He came back after five minutes and said that we could use SET M. He took the form downstairs to be validated as previously we only had FLR M validated.

- Regarding what the case worker said, these days you don't get to see them. After the payment section, they give two folders, where you put original documents in one and copies in the other.

- Just to clarify, my wife was on spouse/dependant of the old work permit from July 2008 to July 2013. However, I acquired my ILR through 10 year long residence

orich888
Newly Registered

same boat

Post by orich888 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:13 am

Ellym congratulation on your ILR's. I have few questions as I booked appointment for my wife for 18th July and we in same situation as you were. and I'm very interesting and will be very appreciate if you could describe in details how you convinced them to use SET(m)? what PEO you used? covering letter?

Ellym wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Ellym wrote:
That's right
Sorry for the delay.

- At the entrance (immediately after security checks) where they check whether you have downloaded the current form, I pointed out that I had that I had both FLR M and SET M completed. The gentleman who served said that he didn't know which form was suitable but he validated FLR M and told us to talk to customer service upstairs before proceeding to the cashiers section.

The gentlemen in customer service was unsure and took SET M and went to check with a supervisor. He came back after five minutes and said that we could use SET M. He took the form downstairs to be validated as previously we only had FLR M validated.

- Regarding what the case worker said, these days you don't get to see them. After the payment section, they give two folders, where you put original documents in one and copies in the other.

- Just to clarify, my wife was on spouse/dependant of the old work permit from July 2008 to July 2013. However, I acquired my ILR through 10 year long residence

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 am

Ellym wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:

Many thanks,
Irfan.
Sorry for the delay.

Application date: 07/01/13
Approval date: 07/05/13
Many Thanks for your reply. I did sent you private message as well. Can you please kindly respond.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

vinny wrote:I would have recommended SET(O).
Someone on this forum got ILR for their spouse using SET(O) they had FLR(M) ready too.

I suggest PEO it and give in SET(O)

Speak to the guy that got it done on here

orich888
Newly Registered

same???

Post by orich888 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 am

anyone have had same experience in this or last month's at Croydon PEO?
Ellym wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Ellym wrote:
That's right
Sorry for the delay.