ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TAXI DRIVER

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

princ
Newly Registered

TAXI DRIVER

Post by princ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi everybody;

I am Croatian national and I am not sure can I work in UK as a taxi driver for a private hire company.
I use to live in UK for 10 years in the past and worked as a bus driver for 7 years ,and have full UK driving licence pass my tests in UK.
I never been arrested and during the time I spent in UK I always worked and pay taxes,exept first six month.
The question is; when Croatia join EU on 01.07.2013. can I register as a self employed taxi driver and start work ?
I know UK restricted work for Croatian nationals ,but also say in information it is possible to work on self employed basis and not need to ask for permission from UKBA .
Please help me with advice,
thanks

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm

As far as current information yes you can start self employment in the uk once croatia join the union.

Diomond

Re: TAXI DRIVER

Post by Diomond » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:54 pm

princ wrote:Hi everybody;

I am Croatian national and I am not sure can I work in UK as a taxi driver for a private hire company.
I use to live in UK for 10 years in the past and worked as a bus driver for 7 years ,and have full UK driving licence pass my tests in UK.
I never been arrested and during the time I spent in UK I always worked and pay taxes,exept first six month.
The question is; when Croatia join EU on 01.07.2013. can I register as a self employed taxi driver and start work ?
I know UK restricted work for Croatian nationals ,but also say in information it is possible to work on self employed basis and not need to ask for permission from UKBA .
Please help me with advice,
thanks
Yes you can work as a taxi driver, As taxi driver is a self employed job so there will be no restictions o the self employes,
Good luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:45 am

In the 10 years you lived in the UK, how many of those years were in a lawful capacity, and how long ago did you live the UK?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

princ
Newly Registered

Post by princ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Obie wrote:In the 10 years you lived in the UK, how many of those years were in a lawful capacity, and how long ago did you live the UK?
hI THERE thanks for reply.

I arrived 1999 and left 2009 during that time I was legally in UK which I can prove I was an asylum seeker and didnt wait for my final decision just closed my case and returned back on a volantary basis.
After I come two times just like a truck driver and both times spend a couple a days in UK and never had a problem with immigration in France before i went on a ferry.
I know many ex asylum seeker(from Croatia) didnt pass immigration becouse of previous history as an asylum seeker in UK.
Thanks for reply

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 pm

You can order SAR file to know the information/data held about you with UKBA.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS