ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Long residency

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm

FarhanSibtain wrote:Hi
My name is Farhan Sibtain I came to UK on 24 Jan 2004, and I did my MBA in oct 2008, and wanted to apply PSW visa in the beginning of 2009 because my visa was going to expire on 29 jan 2009. in Nov 2008 i went to Pakistan to visit my family for a month came back on 28th NOV 2008, due to the rules change for maintenance funds i could not apply the PSW visa from UK and went to Pakistan again to apply the PSW visa.
Due to some unavoidable circumstances I had to stay there for 11 months. I came back again on 08th Jan 2010
My question is that am i still eligible to apply long residency visa. because my 10 years (not consecutive) will be in Jan 2014.
What are the reasons they consider if you are out of the UK for a long time but you still can apply for long residency visa
On a usual note, you've broken the continuous stay. However, your unavoidable circumstance should play the trick. Look for some professional guidance. One of my friend got through after breaking the continuous stay rule.

Good luck.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ppycrmt

Re: Long residency

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:47 am

If your visa was to expire in January 2009, and you came back into the UK in January 2010, it is highly unlikely that you will be granted the ILR. I had a gap of 2 months (funnily enough, I was in school in the UK), my lawyer strongly opposed me to apply my IRL until I have my full 10 years. Plus you overstayed outside of the UK for more than 6 months. However, it is up to you if you want to apply in 2014, you should seek professional help.
FarhanSibtain wrote:Hi
My name is Farhan Sibtain I came to UK on 24 Jan 2004, and I did my MBA in oct 2008, and wanted to apply PSW visa in the beginning of 2009 because my visa was going to expire on 29 jan 2009. in Nov 2008 i went to Pakistan to visit my family for a month came back on 28th NOV 2008, due to the rules change for maintenance funds i could not apply the PSW visa from UK and went to Pakistan again to apply the PSW visa.
Due to some unavoidable circumstances I had to stay there for 11 months. I came back again on 08th Jan 2010
My question is that am i still eligible to apply long residency visa. because my 10 years (not consecutive) will be in Jan 2014.
What are the reasons they consider if you are out of the UK for a long time but you still can apply for long residency visa

Ludlow
Newly Registered

Post by Ludlow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 am

Congratulations to all, who received their ILRs in last few weeks. For me, it has been cruel 6 months long wait and still going.

Still haven’t heard anything from the Home office. However, what surprises me is, when I call Home Office their standard reply is, “Currently we are looking at applications from Oct 2012”.

Then how come people who applied in January and February 2013 receiving their ILRs before last yr’s applicants. What happened to the First come first serve ideology?

One of those days, when I would like to sulk lol ;)

anustaya
Newly Registered

Re: Happy and confused

Post by anustaya » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 am

orich888 wrote:I’ve been silent reader for long time:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum.
My timeline:
Application send: 16/01/13
Bio : 29/01/2013
Docs received: 18/06/2013 (appr: 15/06/2013)
BRP: waiting
Student 5 y+0.5 IGS + 4,5 T1G, no gaps.

Now I have dilemma how my wife can get ILR. We’ve been married here in the UK from sep 2008, she switched to tier 1 dependant visa in 2009 and extended her stay as tier 1 dependent in Oct 2010 and her visa will expire in Oct 2013. I received my ILR on basis of 10 years and I read successful stories about switching from Tier 1 G Dependant to ILR with SET (M) and without FLR (M).

We planning to try Croydon PEO

Please advice:
1) Can my wife apply for ILR with SET (M)? Is 287. (a) i(d) could be applied here? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have?

2) Or should we apply with FLR (M) ? What documents needed here? Especially interested do we need to show finances and maintenance? How much should we have?

Who have had same situations?
Congrats! U deserve it.

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am

Guys Ive also got my ILR today!!!!!!
Application sent : 5/04/13
Acknowledge received : 15/04/13
Biometric letter : 05/05/13
Biometric enrolment : same dDate approved: 21/06/13
Documents arrived: 24/06/13
BRP: Waiting.

11 weeks 2 days.
Guys, keep the faith you shall all receive urs.

Yash33
Newly Registered

Post by Yash33 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Congrats Anustaya... :)

That was very quick indeed....Enjoy :)

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:43 pm

anustaya wrote:Guys Ive also got my ILR today!!!!!!

11 weeks 2 days.

Congrats man,
It's really really quick.
what special application have you sent? hehehe :o

please share your application, ie solicitor used? 10yrs student? gaps? ...

thanks

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 pm

No special application mate.

Card just arrived!!!!!!
No gaps
6 months visit + 2yrs working holiday+ 1yr dependant+ 1yr student +1yr IGS + 5ys dependant.
I did a set m last august but wasnt successful, got 15months insted (decision 18/01/03). Got wind from the forum that every leagal residency counts towards ILR so I applied again in April, 1 day before the new rules.

No solicitors, they all want easy cases. Some of the gives poor counselling. Being in the forum is the best route to getting ur problems solved

I have been reading posts in this forum since July 2010, and will keep posting to help othets.
Good luck to all those who are waiting.

GUYS, NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. WE SHALL ALL GET IT

Can someone update skydrive pls.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 pm

anustaya wrote:No special application mate.

Card just arrived!!!!!!
No gaps
6 months visit + 2yrs working holiday+ 1yr dependant+ 1yr student +1yr IGS + 5ys dependant.
I did a set m last august but wasnt successful, got 15months insted (decision 18/01/03). Got wind from the forum that every leagal residency counts towards ILR so I applied again in April, 1 day before the new rules.

No solicitors, they all want easy cases. Some of the gives poor counselling. Being in the forum is the best route to getting ur problems solved

I have been reading posts in this forum since July 2010, and will keep posting to help othets.

Congrats gal that was very quick,,,God is good ,,what do u mean by decision 18/01/03/ pliz clarify we dnt understand thanx.

kimnjuka

Re: 10 years IRL application

Post by kimnjuka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Style13 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote: I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?
I would say apply for SAR and submit it.
Thanks ever so much saanju9, much appreciated

Hey Style no need of sending SAR the document is just junk, I didn't have mp first passport as well only copies of my previous visas, I didn't send my SAR and I had it with me. My second passport only had my psw visa.i sent my documents last year for 10 long residency and I got my ilr after 5 months.The UKBA have everything in the system my dear, don't send junk to them they will take time to process ur application.Good luck dear ,, God Bless

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 pm

one of my friend came on 28 sept 2003 as student, he is still on student visa, his college closed recently, got letter from home office to find another sponsor, got time till 19th August.... his 10 years will complete on25th Aug.... has got no breaks... but now he is very concerned about the one week gap... what are his options?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:33 pm

ak_akhan wrote:one of my friend came on 28 sept 2003 as student, he is still on student visa, his college closed recently, got letter from home office to find another sponsor, got time till 19th August.... his 10 years will complete on25th Aug.... has got no breaks... but now he is very concerned about the one week gap... what are his options?
He can apply 28 days before his 10 years is up.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:33 pm

11 weeks 2 days.
Congrats Mate....Enjoy your freedom 8)

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm

11 weeks 2 days.
Congratulation man !! :D only 11 weeks !! whats ur visa story ?

sghope
Newly Registered

Post by sghope » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Ludlow wrote:Congratulations to all, who received their ILRs in last few weeks. For me, it has been cruel 6 months long wait and still going.

Still haven’t heard anything from the Home office. However, what surprises me is, when I call Home Office their standard reply is, “Currently we are looking at applications from Oct 2012”.

Then how come people who applied in January and February 2013 receiving their ILRs before last yr’s applicants. What happened to the First come first serve ideology?

One of those days, when I would like to sulk lol ;)
I phoned in too and all she said was they have no information until the 6 months is up... Did not even want to take application reference number to check if the application has been allocated to a case worker... Just wonder why they are so in the hurry to end the call.

ppycrmt

ILR

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi guys,

I am going to apply my ILR in the next couple of months. I first entered in 2003 mid August, so can I apply in mid July 2013 or do I have to wait until 4 weeks before my current visa expire which is mid September 2013?

I am going to apply via 8 years student visa, follow by 2 years PSW visa.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

applied on 25oct12 still waiting

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi everyone I have applied on 25oct 12 still waiting my tier1 general visa run out too , just needs guys your prayers , I have few good options to get permanent Lecturer job but without sorting out upto august might loose these options too. What you advice guys in my position how I can make application process quick , your advice and suggestions will be great . Regards Amjad .

lutforestry

Re: ILR

Post by lutforestry » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Hi guys,

I am going to apply my ILR in the next couple of months. I first entered in 2003 mid August, so can I apply in mid July 2013 or do I have to wait until 4 weeks before my current visa expire which is mid September 2013?

I am going to apply via 8 years student visa, follow by 2 years PSW visa.
You can apply within 28 days of 10 years completion. If you write exact date when you entered then people can advise more precisely.

Good luck

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:46 pm

D4109125 wrote:
ak_akhan wrote:one of my friend came on 28 sept 2003 as student, he is still on student visa, his college closed recently, got letter from home office to find another sponsor, got time till 19th August.... his 10 years will complete on25th Aug.... has got no breaks... but now he is very concerned about the one week gap... what are his options?
He can apply 28 days before his 10 years is up.
my question is about the one week between 19th Aug -25th Aug, due to college being closed, home office gave him time till 19th Aug, aware of applying 28 days before... does he need to get admission or if there are any other option... one week gap I m talking about is in future, thx

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Card just arrived!!!!!!
No gaps

Congratulations,
Can u please share what documents you sent? U said u applied 1 day before new rules? Has anything been changed since April? Thanks in advance.

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 pm

kimnjuka wrote:

Card just arrived!!!!!!
No gaps

Congrats gal that was very quick,,,God is good ,,what do u mean by decision 18/01/03/ pliz clarify we dnt understand thanx.
I did a set M last August after my wife was granted ilr which was refused (date 18/01/13). The case officer base her decision on Appendix FM and granted me a 30 months residence permit. I wanted to apply for appeal but was advice on the forum to reapply on the 10 year route.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Shortfall

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 am

Reading this FOI Request might answer your query.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 am

11 weeks 2 days.
Congratulation anustaya, all the very best enjoy.

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 am

kimnjuka wrote:
Style13 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Style13 wrote: I don't currently have my previous passports with the visas on them. I only have the photocopies of the visas with me. However, I have no gap during my ten years stay, I will like to think that the UKBA will have all my records in place. Do you have any suggestions?

Hey Style no need of sending SAR the document is just junk, I didn't have mp first passport as well only copies of my previous visas, I didn't send my SAR and I had it with me. My second passport only had my psw visa.i sent my documents last year for 10 long residency and I got my ilr after 5 months.The UKBA have everything in the system my dear, don't send junk to them they will take time to process ur application.Good luck dear ,, God Bless
Thanks Kimnjuka, your post in respond to my question is very helpful and encouraging. I very much appreciate the effort and the time you take in helping other people, I just wish there were many people like you in this world then life would not have become complicated as it is. Your actions might be underestimated but to me it's a clear indication that hope in decent humanity still exist, your actions justifies reasons for me to believe so. I will like to take this opportunity to say thanks once again may God bless you and the rest of your family.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 am

Style13 wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
Style13 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

Thanks Kimnjuka, your post in respond to my question is very helpful and encouraging. I very much appreciate the effort and the time you take in helping other people, I just wish there were many people like you in this world then life would not have become complicated as it is. Your actions might be underestimated but to me it's a clear indication that hope in decent humanity still exist, your actions justifies reasons for me to believe so. I will like to take this opportunity to say thanks once again may God bless you and the rest of your family.

U r welcome Style, I know f someone who didn't have passport at all and he didn't even bother requesting for sar, he only had copies of visa just like u and me. and he got his ilr within 3 months(he got it 1yrs ago)No need to panic as long as you have no crimes or gaps why bother panicking.If you have stayed in UK for 10 years nothing should make you panic lol , God bless you too and your family mate .