ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rec212

Post by rec212 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I have received my biometric invitation dated 13th!
It says that i only have 15 working days to do the biometrics... And i dont have much time left...
I believe i still have several days left concerning sundays are excluded, as i am willing to do my biometrics on Thursday.
Am I correct guys? I am stressing about it a little bit.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 am

9 months today since I submitted my allocation. I'm still waiting but in hope. The waiting is stressful but each day can only draw me closer to the much expected day!!!
Good morning guys.....

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 am

@babycake

Big congrats to you :) told you your papers was on its way didn't I? Am well happy for you Hun you deserve it.

Mp said they going to chase my case up but the ombomsman said to ignore that sent me a form which I have filled and takin it myself to my mp today to sign and forward it to them.

Was told mp mostly ask for updates but the others guys gets ukba to do the job ?

More good news people :)

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

Time503 wrote:9 months today since I submitted my allocation. I'm still waiting but in hope. The waiting is stressful but each day can only draw me closer to the much expected day!!!
Good morning guys.....
Nine months for me as well (six days ago)...also waiting patiently in hope...but stressed so much (especially when a friend of mine applied this month and received her visa in two weeks prompt).......But in God we trust and all shall be well...hope to hear more good news from this forum... :D :D :D

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 am

rec212 wrote:I have received my biometric invitation dated 13th!
It says that i only have 15 working days to do the biometrics... And i dont have much time left...
I believe i still have several days left concerning sundays are excluded, as i am willing to do my biometrics on Thursday.
Since you can now do your biometric at the post office...it shouldnt be difficult to get them done as soon as possible as some close at seven pm....sooner rather than later is best...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:55 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@lenn83.. LOL I also requested return of hubbys passport nearly 2months ago i still havent heard anyting about it so i decided to forget about it......it took 6 times to fill out change of addy form b4 they finally put on system ..even my biometric letter went to old addy thank God for redirection of mail if not i would not hv known a letter has been sent to my old address despite informing them....God help us
Haha same here! My solicitor filled in the form for a change of address, didn't work, then he sent them 2 letters to notify of a change of address-still nothing! Then I had to do the form again TWICE until they finally acknowledged it and put it in the system!! Mayhem!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 am

rec212 wrote:I have received my biometric invitation dated 13th!
I suppose so... But then again, who knows, they can have 1 rule for themselves (only working days and weeknds excluded) , but different rule for us lot..
If it says whithin 15 working days then you're right, but if it says whithin 15 days, then I've no idea. Try do it today if you can though..

When did you submit your application hun?
Last edited by verbina on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:38 am

Please can someone help me cos I have a question
Case working unit and a caseworker does it mean the same thing?

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 am

Time503 wrote:Please can someone help me cos I have a question
I guess case working unit will imply the department and case worker will be an individual dealing with your case...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 am

Urrrm case worker is an individual, right? So case working unit is a team of case workers.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am

Tuga wrote:
I guess case working unit will imply the department and case worker will be an individual dealing with your case...
Lol I wrote my reply at the same time :)

hamada1092
Newly Registered

flr(o)

Post by hamada1092 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am

thanks all , they issued me a 30 months visa , 10 years rout for settlement

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:42 am

Tuga wrote:
Tanx guys for the clarification

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

I did my change of address twice too, but is it only via email that you recieve an automated acknoledgement or by post? Because thats all I got. Please somebody help clarify this.

quote="verbina"]
yummymummy3j wrote:@lenn83.. LOL I also requested return of hubbys passport nearly 2months ago i still havent heard anyting about it so i decided to forget about it......it took 6 times to fill out change of addy form b4 they finally put on system ..even my biometric letter went to old addy thank God for redirection of mail if not i would not hv known a letter has been sent to my old address despite informing them....God help us
Haha same here! My solicitor filled in the form for a change of address, didn't work, then he sent them 2 letters to notify of a change of address-still nothing! Then I had to do the form again TWICE until they finally acknowledged it and put it in the system!! Mayhem![/quote]

verbina
Russia

"free application"

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 am

Hello everyone! Hope you all are well and in good spirits!!

All this talk of holidays everywhere ! Grrrr! As much as I try to sound pleased for those going away, cant help but feel a little resentful lol.
( Seriously Im turning into some evil, bitter, twisted witch hehehe).

Thank God for this forum, coz my poor boyfriend is running out of sympathy and patience, having to put up with a miserable and idle me! Its like every conversation I have (no matter how innocent) somehow ends up with me talking my immigration, ukba etc! :roll:

But the truth is because it seems like everyone one here has got a proper Paid Application submitted! Whereas I only have a Free Representation...
So I almost feel the 'real wait' hadnt even started for me, despite it being 5 months since my Free Representation was submitted...

I called my solicitor yesterday, enquired about it and he said to me its obvious HO dont want me to submit a Paid Application, so I just have to wait and see. But I just dont get it! It makes no sense to me why wont they want me to submit a Paid Application? Surely not out of altruistic reasons?! It seems like all this time Im waiting is in vain, coz almost certainly I will be rejected and have to reapply the normal way which means even more waiting....

Sorry Im going on about myself again :oops: ,but if anyone out there in a similar position , please reply!! :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:57 am

socrates wrote:I did my change of address twice too, but is it only via email that you recieve an automated acknoledgement or by post? Because thats all I got. Please somebody help clarify this.

quote="verbina"]
Haha same here! My solicitor filled in the form for a change of address, didn't work, then he sent them 2 letters to notify of a change of address-still nothing! Then I had to do the form again TWICE until they finally acknowledged it and put it in the system!! Mayhem!
[/quote]

I received my letter by post hun, but maybe its because I have to report every 2 weeks. I moved out of London meaning they had to give me a local place to report at, so all this info was eventually sent to me in a letter (after 2 months of having to spend £40 quid every 2 weeks to travel from Fareham to London just to bloody report).

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: flr(o)

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:09 pm

hamada1092 wrote:thanks all , they issued me a 30 months visa , 10 years rout for settlement
Please do share your story Congrats again
Godgives

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:34 pm

I have been in this country since last 11yrs applied flr(o) in sep 2012 , did biometrics on 27Feb2013....spoke to Ukba yesterday lady said it is ready for the caseworker to take up, and also she said they are trying to clear application by end of summer, spoke to my solicitor yesterday reply was they will only send reminder letters to Ukba after 6months from biometrics...is the true...Can somebody express their opinion [/list]

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm

SDP wrote:I have been in this country since last 11yrs applied flr(o) in sep 2012 , did biometrics on 27Feb2013....spoke to Ukba yesterday lady said it is ready for the caseworker to take up, and also she said they are trying to clear application by end of summer, spoke to my solicitor yesterday reply was they will only send reminder letters to Ukba after 6months from biometrics...is the true...Can somebody express their opinion [/list]
@sdp.have you got a British partner or child,and r u an overstayer ?

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:07 pm

overstayer, came into this country with work permit neither British child nor British husband...

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: flr(o)

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:16 pm

hamada1092 wrote:thanks all , they issued me a 30 months visa , 10 years rout for settlement
Congratulations......enjoy your freedom

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm

SDP wrote:
overstayer, came into this country with work permit neither British child nor British husband...
i wish you goodluck.with god,all things are possible

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 pm

yahwadud wrote:
SDP wrote:I have been in this country since last 11yrs applied flr(o) in sep 2012 , did biometrics on 27Feb2013....spoke to Ukba yesterday lady said it is ready for the caseworker to take up, and also she said they are trying to clear application by end of summer, spoke to my solicitor yesterday reply was they will only send reminder letters to Ukba after 6months from biometrics...is the true...Can somebody express their opinion [/list]
@sdp.have you got a British partner or child,and r u an overstayer ?
I believe that three months after biometrics are done...you can start inquiring about the state of your application......maybe the six months is a personal decision of the lawyers.....

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Thank you Yahwadud & crystal newbie ...
Do you all think 50:50 chances for my dlr ???

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm

My solicitor thinks too much push on ukba would effect decision on my application.