ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice about Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

englishlife

advice about Naturalization

Post by englishlife » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi I have applied for Naturalization at the starting of May and acknowledgement letter was dated 9th May I remember. Today they replied me by email. Email address I got on the acknowledgement letter from that email. They said my case is waiting for allocate a caseworker and they dont need any further documents at this point of time. I wrote them and the email reply was it is still ongoing. Then I asked in details whether a case worker allocated yet and reply is still waiting to allocate for a caseworker. I know its only 2 months just 1 week shortage to two months. But I dont have any clue how come people applied in may all they received approval and mine is waiting for a que to allocate for caseworker. Please suggest me something. Shall I wait another 4 months or asked them to speed up by request. Is there any guarantee a caseworker will be allocate for my case within next 3-4 months :-) it makes me laugh as I have no clue how they assign a caseworker......anyways please advice me. Problem is as before 6 months they wont probably listen my speed up request. And if I asked to give my passport back will that effect my application. I am non eea citizen and applied under British spouse. Please advice me. Thank you.

SeikhNazir
Newly Registered

Re: advice about Naturalization

Post by SeikhNazir » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm

englishlife wrote:Hi I have applied for Naturalization at the starting of May and acknowledgement letter was dated 9th May I remember. Today they replied me by email. Email address I got on the acknowledgement letter from that email. They said my case is waiting for allocate a caseworker and they dont need any further documents at this point of time. I wrote them and the email reply was it is still ongoing. Then I asked in details whether a case worker allocated yet and reply is still waiting to allocate for a caseworker. I know its only 2 months just 1 week shortage to two months. But I dont have any clue how come people applied in may all they received approval and mine is waiting for a que to allocate for caseworker. Please suggest me something. Shall I wait another 4 months or asked them to speed up by request. Is there any guarantee a caseworker will be allocate for my case within next 3-4 months :-) it makes me laugh as I have no clue how they assign a caseworker......anyways please advice me. Problem is as before 6 months they wont probably listen my speed up request. And if I asked to give my passport back will that effect my application. I am non eea citizen and applied under British spouse. Please advice me. Thank you.

Hi englishlife, Did you enquire about the status of your application or the email was sent on their own by home office ? Good to know atleast they reply to emails..

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 pm

englishlife wrote:Problem is as before 6 months they wont probably listen my speed up request.
I'm pretty sure that they will never listen to a speed up request.

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Well I strongly believe they dont follow first in first process. Some of their administration worker dont even bother to work properly. And if one of those administration worker dealt with application at initial stage then that is it. It is very unlikely a case worker will allocate for this case within 2-3 months. But probably they use notification software...like target date to see this case and make a decision. So once target date finish and after one monthccomputer system alert this case is still not allocated for a caseworker yet and thensomeone alallocate a case worker. But I know someone who applied in dec 2012 and a caseworker wasnt allocate for him until may 2013. And after his letter in june they allocated a caseworker for him and got his approval within 3 days. He had no fault or there was no mistakes in form. It just luck. A very straight forward application can takes 6 months. And they dont have to give a reason why a caseworker hasnt been alocated up until 6 months. And I am sure if I request them they wont care . But it totally depends on the person who read the letter and willing to help. And some will play the same tone its not 6 months so whats wrong with you Mr applicant. They should be fair with every applicant.