ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G dependant application refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

computaboi

Tier 1 G dependant application refusal

Post by computaboi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi All,

Note: Sorry for long post and please pardon me if there are any spelling/grammatical errors. English is not my 1st language.

My wife has applied for Tier1 (G) dependent visa on 05-June and received refusal letter this morning.
Application was made outside the UK

Refusal of Entry clearance letter that we received says:

1) Sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb bank, bearing account no. XXXX 6160. The front page states that the statement is for the period 11/09/2013- 22/04/2013. This cannot be accepted as the most recent statement is more than 31 days old. Furthermore, the itemized statement attached is for the period 22/02/103-22/04/2013 which is for 60 day period and not 90 day period.
Visa officer has also mentioned that the sponsors bank statement from lloyds tsb is for period 11/09/2012 -22/04/2013 and this cannot be accepted as the most recent statement more than 31 days old.

Explanation : why I think above point is not valid.

My wife made application on 05 June 2013, and we claimed for maintenance funds from 05-Feb-2013 To 17-May-2013 which falls under 31 days period!

Firstly, I(main application/sponsor) have submitted multiple bank statements one from lloyds tsb and the other account statement from Bank of Scotland, UK.

I claimed for maintenance funds on my main account which is with bank of Scotland account from 05-Feb-2013 to 17-May-2013
I also claimed for maintenance funds on my secondary account which is with Lloyds TSB account from 12-Mar-2013 to 25-Mar-2013

From 11-Mar-2013 to 28-Mar-13 I had less than £600 on my bank of Scotland bank account, however I had enough money in my lloyds TSB bank account during that period to meet the £600 maintenance funds, sum of balances on both my accounts exceeds required £600 pounds.

2nd point in the Refusal letter
2) Sponsor's bank statement from Bank of Scotland bearing account xxx 5673. I note that the statement does not bear the bank's logo and you have not enclosed a letter from the bank authenticating the account. Further more the balance on 25/03/13 was £268.15

Secondly, regarding £268.15 in my bank of Scotland account, hence the reason why I submitted my other bank account Lloyds in which I had £393.67, total of both the balances is £661 which is more than required £600 balance asked by UKBA.

Policy Guidance published on UKBA website for dependents of PBS migrants says as below
Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -students/ (click on Policy Guidance on dependents of PBS migrants)

It says as below,
Adhoc bank statements printed on the banks letterhead are admissible as evidence(this excluded mini-statement from cash points)
If you wish to submit electronic bank statement from an online account these must contain all the the details such as name of the
main applicant,
account number,
the date of the statement,
financial institution name and logo,
transaction covering the 90 day period
In addition, you will need to provide supporting letter from your bank , on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statement provided.
ALTERNATIVELY AN ELECTRONIC BANK STATEMENT BEARING THE OFFICIAL STAMP OF THE BANK IN QUESTION WILL BE ACCEPTED. THIS STAMP SHOULD APPEAR ON EVERY PAGE OF THE STATEMENT.
Statements that simply show the balance in the account on a particular day are not sufficient.

I HAVE SUBMITTED MY BANK STATEMENT WITH OFFICIAL STAMP OF THE BANK ON ALL THE PAGES AND SIGNED BY THE BANK OFFICIAL ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE.
I am not sure how documents that were submitted fell out of the Policy Guidance published on UKBA website, can you please help me understand ?

And more over Electronic bank statements in UK banks doesn't come with bank logos by default. Bank has declined to provide electronic bank statement with logo on it! hence they stamped and signed every single page of the bank statements to confirm the authenticity of the bank statement.

Reason I couldn't get my bank statement printed on the bank letterhead was, I was flying on 18/05/13 to get engaged on 22/05. Bank statement ordered in UK are sent out via 2nd class post and can take 10 working days(2 weeks) to come through in ideal conditions but if there are any delays with royal mail they can be further delays!, As i knew i won't get them by 18/05 I CHECKED THE GUIDELINES AND CONTACTED UKBA CONTACT CENTER IN UK AND CONFIRMED WITH THE AGENT THAT THE BANK STATEMENTS WITH BANK OFFICIAL STAMP ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE ARE ACCEPTED BY UKBA, only after that I made decision to submit bank statement which is advised by ukba and under the ukba guidelines.

This is a very common practice by banks and I personally have submitted electronic bank statements without bank logos on them but stamped and signed by bank official to UKBA in the past and it was never ever questioned ? not sure why concerns are raised this time !

Will challenging this decision make things any worse or
is it best to just re-apply for the visa ?

Do you think this decision is lawful ?