ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 pm

SDP wrote:Thank you Yahwadud & crystal newbie ...
Do you all think 50:50 chances for my dlr ???
I think it is 50/50....it all depends on what evidence you have provided to show ties here.....British partner or child are one of the strongest but not the only ones....UKBA are unpredictable and I find their decisions to be subjective so it depends on the case workers interpretation of your case....I know people who have received visas on the basis that they have no family at home (so showed death certificates of parents etc)......Good luck

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Except valid visa.. I have submitted all documents, I have been working till 2010, submitted pay slips, utility bills, P60 ,bank statements, blood donation badge, tenancy agreement etc..I have also submitted that I am doing my ACCA , (now qualified in dec 2012) hmmmm

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

SDP wrote:Except valid visa.. I have submitted all documents, I have been working till 2010, submitted pay slips, utility bills, P60 ,bank statements, blood donation badge, tenancy agreement etc..I have also submitted that I am doing my ACCA , (now qualified in dec 2012) hmmmm
Blood donation badge?! OMG good on you! Ive always wanted to do it!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 pm

verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:Except valid visa.. I have submitted all documents, I have been working till 2010, submitted pay slips, utility bills, P60 ,bank statements, blood donation badge, tenancy agreement etc..I have also submitted that I am doing my ACCA , (now qualified in dec 2012) hmmmm
Blood donation badge?! OMG good on you! Ive always wanted to do it!!
Lol...O+ so I keep donating three times a year...

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

if you had a work permit (which is normally five years) why did you not apply for settlement when it was still valid?

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Back in 2001 I was given only 2yrs work permit...

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:52 pm

SDP wrote:Back in 2001 I was given only 2yrs work permit...
ok...i understand....all the best....anythinh with God is possible

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
SDP wrote:Back in 2001 I was given only 2yrs work permit...
ok...i understand....all the best....anythinh with God is possible
Thank you

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Letter of supports approx 9 letters and a page full of family & friends address and names...

I have spent abt £ 6000 for my ACCA....which is not valid back home...
Wish the case worker can understand....

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Checked progress with UKBA

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm

So, just called UKBA.....my case is not even allocated a case worker and I applied last year end of October........so for those that have been told it is with a case worker, just thank God...mine is still just lying there (done biometric early March 2013).....so the lady says...just continue to wait.......but hey atleast I know what to pray for.... :( :( :( :(

SDP

Re: Checked progress with UKBA

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:So, just called UKBA.....my case is not even allocated a case worker and I applied last year end of October........so for those that have been told it is with a case worker, just thank God...mine is still just lying there (done biometric early March 2013).....so the lady says...just continue to wait.......but hey atleast I know what to pray for.... :( :( :( :(
Same answer I got yesterday...

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:23 pm

@ Verbina

Don't worry! Most of the time, when a case has gone through a Court or any other arbitration, H.O would refrain from charging a fee for a subsequent application. And I guess that might be your situation. It could take long to obtain a decision, but this has nothing to do with the fact that it is a free application. Indeed, it is inherent to H.O to delay applications and you can witness it on this forum.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

@crystal i dont think you should worry too much u are in d queue , i applied mid oct2012 and i was only just told last week that its been allocated to a case working unit..... so u are getting there ..lol :)
@SDP just trust in God and pray for favour, dont be suprised if you are granted cos yr caseworker might be one of many who are kind and he or she will not even stress you...goodluck : :)
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:25 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@crystal i dont think you should worry too much u are in d queue , i applied mid oct2012 and i was only just told last week that its been allocated to a case working unit..... so u are getting there ..lol :)
thanks...am getting stressed..... :lol:

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm

@ crystal wat applicatn was it

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Greetings to everyone,
Congtrats to babycakes and indeed to everyone who have been issued their visas. To those still waiting, all the best as i believe the end of the wait is in sight :)
I need your help folks as am about to apply for FLR(O). I am a single mother of a 6yrs old British citizen boy. I applied for DRC under the Zambrano ruling in November 2011 but after 19months of waiting the HO refused my application and advised me to apply for the FLR(O). I am not currently in a relationship with my son's father, and we never lived together. My son has always lived with me and has had very limited physical contact with his father in the first 3 years but not of recent as he even moved from his last known address 3years ago and we do not know his current address as he refused to disclose it the last time he called me a year ago only stating he is in a new relationship and does not want any awkward encounter . He pays in some amounts of cash for the boy's upkeep but that is not regular either. Surprisingly my ex contacted me this morning over the phone to sympathize with me over losing my mother because he heard from mutual friends (friends who refused to disclose his new address to me).
Though i plan to appeal the Zambrano refusal, i'll like to know what documents i must submit with my FLR(O) application to show that my son lives with me and also do i need to prove financial support as i need to apply for the 10 year route as a parent? Thank you all in anticipation of your responses.

papamomo
Newly Registered

NEWS

Post by papamomo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Good news coming to all of us soon!!
Someone I know just got granted DLR after 12 months of waiting!! He applied on the basis of his British wife and kid..

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 pm

@GLH2012 i believe letters from yr child's school, dentist, doctors , redbook from when he was born, anything you can lay yr hands on that is adressed to u.. goodluck
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Just to let you guys know that I have win my appeal.my solicitor just rang me that my appeal has been allowed and judge told home office not to challenge his decision.am soooo happy .thank you all friends on the forum and expecially prince74.i wish you all good luck

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 pm

yahwadud wrote:Just to let you guys know that I have win my appeal.my solicitor just rang me that my appeal has been allowed and judge told home office not to challenge his decision.am soooo happy .thank you all friends on the forum and expecially prince74.i wish you all good luck
Congrats! Fantastic news! One Defeat for H.O=One victory for us!

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@GLH2012 i believe letters from yr child's school, dentist, doctors , redbook from when he was born, anything you can lay yr hands on.. goodluck
Thank you so much. When I read about court orders I panicked because I have none of those. I just want to apply strictly on the basis of my son as my ex has proved impossible even to give bank statement 3years ago for human right application which I later on abandoned due to lack of supporting documents from him. My lawyers then were baffled as he won't even write a note to confirm the boy lives with me and that I have care responsibilities for the child. What about the English language requirement? Must I submit proof?

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm

yahwadud wrote:Just to let you guys know that I have win my appeal.my solicitor just rang me that my appeal has been allowed and judge told home office not to challenge his decision.am soooo happy .thank you all friends on the forum and expecially prince74.i wish you all good luck
Congrats. What a relief for you!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Chidy wrote:
Congrats! Fantastic news! One Defeat for H.O=One victory for us!
Congrats to you! They may delay us but cannot deny us!!!!!

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Please help me

Post by Ponmodoro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Please my people help me,I am confuse.

This flr(o) I guess it is at the discretion of home office right?
What are the chances of someone who has a sickness being granted.
Application submitted since october but i no hear from them at all.
I have done bio and contact MP but nothing as response.
Help me because I am sad

I am working o, still working because my employer contact them over there,
everything going well but just this visa for me.

Please just pray for me because am frustrated now.
Tireddddddddddddddd

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm

@GLH2012 dont panic......hv u got a solicitor representing u? are u in possession of yr child's BC OR PASSPORT?I THINK YOU SHLD BE fine... do u have a prove dat yr son's dad pay somethin for his upkeep?