ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:38 pm

@ponmodoro....hw long hv u applied, and on wat basis? fresh or extension?/

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Post by Ponmodoro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:44 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ponmodoro....hw long hv u applied, and on wat basis? fresh or extension?/
Thank you Yummy

I apply since October, I have sickness and also child born with sickness.

I put all medical info of my child born here and also all my work information.
I apply in time and not over stay or anything but not in this country long time like 4 years now I think but I have establish my life here since my child born. Working got promoted two times, doing 5k race for charity and a lot of things.
Yes is new application too.

Thank you yummy

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:49 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:
SDP wrote:Except valid visa.. I have submitted all documents, I have been working till 2010, submitted pay slips, utility bills, P60 ,bank statements, blood donation badge, tenancy agreement etc..I have also submitted that I am doing my ACCA , (now qualified in dec 2012) hmmmm
Blood donation badge?! OMG good on you! Ive always wanted to do it!!
Lol...O+ so I keep donating three times a year...
Respect!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

yahwadud wrote:Just to let you guys know that I have win my appeal.my solicitor just rang me that my appeal has been allowed and judge told home office not to challenge his decision.am soooo happy .thank you all friends on the forum and expecially prince74.i wish you all good luck
Congratulations is this 30months on 10yr route?
Godgives

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:01 pm

GodGives wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Just to let you guys know that I have win my appeal.my solicitor just rang me that my appeal has been allowed and judge told home office not to challenge his decision.am soooo happy .thank you all friends on the forum and expecially prince74.i wish you all good luck
Congratulations is this 30months on 10yr route?
@ Yahwadud Congratulations

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:05 pm

@ponmodoro hv u got a british partner , is yr child british, wat visa did u come wit? i ve been waitin since october too but i guess d HO have a lot of backlog dat why ui havent heard frm them yet....be patient

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ crystal wat applicatn was it
its a fresh application...seven year route....been here nine years and afew months...not overstayer...my kids are nine and eight....so hopefully should not be a problem....but you know UKBA

Chidy

Re: Please help me

Post by Chidy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Ponmodoro wrote:Please my people help me,I am confuse.

This flr(o) I guess it is at the discretion of home office right?
What are the chances of someone who has a sickness being granted.
Application submitted since october but i no hear from them at all.
I have done bio and contact MP but nothing as response.
Help me because I am sad

I am working o, still working because my employer contact them over there,
everything going well but just this visa for me.

Please just pray for me because am frustrated now.
Tireddddddddddddddd

Don't be confused! Instead try to be strong. I know it is not easy for you, especially with illness. But there are thousands of people in your situation so do not blame yourself. I would suggest that you write to your MP every six weeks to remind him about your pending application. The fourth time, ask your MP to introduce your case to the Ombudsman for investigation. I hope God help you and guide you.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 pm

@ crystal.... let s be patient...it is well in jesus name

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Post by Ponmodoro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Chidy wrote:

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd

Don't be confused! Instead try to be strong. I know it is not easy for you, especially with illness. But there are thousands of people in your situation so do not blame yourself. I would suggest that you write to your MP every six weeks to remind him about your pending application. The fourth time, ask your MP to introduce your case to the Ombudsman for investigation. I hope God help you and guide you.

Thank you Chidy and Yummy.

You are wonderful people, I am just down now.

I dont have british partner or child, but I believe God will make a way for me and not let me down.

I came with student visa, got my poststudy, and now stuck because no other option to renew visa apart from this one.

I feel even more afraid because no british partner or child and no forum I go to ,I dont see anyone having same case as mine. So am confused and thinking to myself if it is only people with british child or spouse that they giving the flr(o) visa to.

I dont have solicitor so no one to advice, I just want to know if the flr(o) covers only people with british child or spouse or if it makes provision for other circumstances that require compassion.

Sorry if I make mistakes in my typing, I am just so sad and confused.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ crystal.... let s be patient...it is well in jesus name
Thanks my dear...wishing you the best with your application too

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 pm

@ponmodoro, dont be sad dear flr( o) is not only meant for pple wit british child n partner .. ..there are pple wit no child or partner who applied on FLRO. the lord almighty will favour you ....dont stress too much over it..... Seek advice from yr local citizens advice bureau i sought advice from one last year b4 i applied for my extension....,they do have free immigration lawyers . As for waiting since october, you are not the only one d queue is long.....God bless u my dear and am sending you lots of hugs ....
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Post by Ponmodoro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:32 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ponmodoro, dont be sad dear flr( o) is not only meant for pple wit british child n partner .. ..there are pple wit no child or partner who applied on FLRO. the lord almighty will favour you ....dont stress too much over it..... Seek advice from yr local citizens advice bureau ,they do have free immigration lawyers. as for waiting since october, you are not the only one d queue is long.....God bless u my dear and am sending you lots of hugs ....

Thank you so much dear, You have just made my day.
I pray we will rejoice together on this forum in Jesu name.

Thank you, thank you very much. I cannot thank you enough, God bless you too Chidy.

I am really grateful so much.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Ponmodoro wrote:
Chidy wrote:

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd

Thank you Chidy and Yummy.

You are wonderful people, I am just down now.

I dont have british partner or child, but I believe God will make a way for me and not let me down.

I came with student visa, got my poststudy, and now stuck because no other option to renew visa apart from this one.

I feel even more afraid because no british partner or child and no forum I go to ,I dont see anyone having same case as mine. So am confused and thinking to myself if it is only people with british child or spouse that they giving the flr(o) visa to.

I dont have solicitor so no one to advice, I just want to know if the flr(o) covers only people with british child or spouse or if it makes provision for other circumstances that require compassion.

Sorry if I make mistakes in my typing, I am just so sad and confused.

If you are unsure about the outcome of your application, I would advise you to wait patiently. In the past, H.O granted people on the sole reason that their application has spent three years or more on their desk. I heard of one guy who made a mere representation with three or four supportive documents and was granted because the application took long to be answered. The choice is yours. I can only wish good luck!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd
I know someone whose family was granted on the basis of daughter being ill...it was something related to her not eating and growing very thin and had malnutrition as a result......and another one who received because he needed dialysis constantly which he could not get back home and would mean death.....so it is possible....I would advise you follow @yummys advice to go to the citizen advise bureau....

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Post by Ponmodoro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd
I know someone whose family was granted on the basis of daughter being ill...it was something related to her not eating and growing very thin and had malnutrition as a result......and another one who received because he needed dialysis constantly which he could not get back home and would mean death.....so it is possible....I would advise you follow @yummys advice to go to the citizen advise bureau....

Thank you Crystal, You give me such hope and I pray you will never be dissapointed in God's name.

Thank you so much I am more than grateful, the desires of your heart will be met and you will never know sorrow by God's grace.
Was such a pleasure to read from you all, you dont know how you have made me feel. God bless and reward you.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Chidy wrote:@ Verbina

Don't worry! Most of the time, when a case has gone through a Court or any other arbitration, H.O would refrain from charging a fee for a subsequent application. And I guess that might be your situation. It could take long to obtain a decision, but this has nothing to do with the fact that it is a free application. Indeed, it is inherent to H.O to delay applications and you can witness it on this forum.
Oh ok, now it makes more sense! Thank you for clarifying it to me. :)

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Ponmodoro wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd

Thank you Crystal, You give me such hope and I pray you will never be dissapointed in God's name.

Thank you so much I am more than grateful, the desires of your heart will be met and you will never know sorrow by God's grace.
Was such a pleasure to read from you all, you dont know how you have made me feel. God bless and reward you.
you are welcome.... :) :) :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Ponmodoro wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:

Help me because I am sad

Tireddddddddddddddd

Hi don't worry we are in the same shoes I don't have a British partner or child. I have been waiting 15months. It's frustrating but I have to be positive. Stay strong may God help us all Amen
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm

verbina wrote:
Chidy wrote:@ Verbina

Don't worry! Most of the time, when a case has gone through a Court or any other arbitration, H.O would refrain from charging a fee for a subsequent application. And I guess that might be your situation. It could take long to obtain a decision, but this has nothing to do with the fact that it is a free application. Indeed, it is inherent to H.O to delay applications and you can witness it on this forum.
Oh ok, now it makes more sense! Thank you for clarifying it to me. :)
You are welcome! We are all in the same boat!

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm

@verbina:

Here is my timeline:
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Awwwh!!!! Wonderful wonderful news!!!! All the best for you and God Bless!!! :D :D :D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 pm

rec212 wrote:@verbina:

Here is my timeline:
Thanks hun!

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 pm

@verbina, my timeline seems a bit too fast. I am just worried that they are just wanting to refuse my application asap considering my passport will expire in July...
God Bless you all guys.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:48 am

Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:This is unbelievable, and this is actually news to me. I email the ombudsman this morning and to my supriise this is the reply. Ukba are liars. Smh.

Thank you for your email which I have received today, I am sorry to hear about the on going delays you have experienced with ukba processing your application.

I have spoken to ukba this morning and they informed me that you have two applications outstanding at present, one is human rights related and may take longer to process and the other is about further leave to remain.

According to ukba you were contacted on the 4th june 2013 and advise that there would be a further delay in processing your FLR application due to higher than expected workload at the present time.

Unfortunately there is currently no timescale on ukba decision regarding your application,but the person I spoke to is going to raise your concerns with the relevant team and get back to me.

As far as I'm concern I only made 1 application and that's for extension further leave to remain I paid £1123 for my application for me and my 2 dependents my other 2 kids are british citizen. So I don't know what ukba talking about.

I also got prove where they sent my mp my immigration history and it shows I made 1 application on the 5th october, they are nothing but a bunch of liars they make my stomach turns. Kmt :evil:

I have already warned you about the way you conduct your affairs. If you ride two horses against the H.O, they may use that against you. I know you are frustrated by the situation but do one thing at a time. The second application the H.O is referring to could be the PAP.
This is so not true you have a right to be here, so it doesn't matter what actions you take home office can't take that into consideration when granting you. This is even stated on their website I know because I have done complaints and taken various other measures which speed up my app.
You deserve a timely response so nothing is wrong with what you are doing. Bottom time home office can't tell you to leave due to your circumstances so you have nothing to fear.

However if applications are not strong asking them to speed it up will mean you will get a speedy refusal.