ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Post Flight spouse of refugee

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joha
Newly Registered

ILR for Post Flight spouse of refugee

Post by Joha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Dear All!

I need your help. Recently I applied for Settlement under Protection Route with my wife and son as dependents. Me and my son were granted ILR with my wife being granted further leave to remain for 3 years.

I had refugee status since Feb 2008. My wife had student visa granted in Sep 2010 to study in UK. We got married in Dec 2010 and applied for her visa status to be changed in Jun 2011. She was granted leave to remain in UK until Feb 2013. This is the date when I should appluf to Settlement under protection route as my leave to remain as refugee finishes on the same date.

I wonder why my wife was not granted ILR? Could she apply for ILR now? Could she apply for ILR when I get British Citizenship fullfilling the 2 year residence rule?

vinny

Re: ILR for Post Flight spouse of refugee

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 am

I think that they expect discretionary leave holders under Article 8 to complete a period of at least six years before being eligible for ILR.

Unfortunately, 284(a)(i)(f) isn't applicable as she wasn't admitted under 319L.

However, see also Post flight spouses of refugees. Perhaps 281, 284 and 287 should have been extended to include post flight spouses who switched in-country, rather than being admitted under 319L?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 am

That post seems really old.

Perhaps it may serve for informative purpose .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am

Oops. I didn't notice the date. I thought it came up when I clicked "view new posts"!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.