ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR recently.. Now I've got some more queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasim

Got ILR recently.. Now I've got some more queries

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Dear Gurus, I hope you all are doing great. I've received my ILR last week on the basis of 10 years long residence and would like to ask you some things:

1. Now I have ILR but I am still waiting for my wife FLR(M) application. So am I eligible to apply for Child Benefit,Tax Credit and Housing Benefit? I used the Benefit Calculator in HMRC web site and found I am entitled to those benefits. If I claim benefits on my name will it affect my wife's pending application? Just for your kind information she falls in to old rule as she extended her visa last time in 2010 as a student dependent and applied for FLR (M) in January 2013.

2. My 17 months old daughter was born here and I would like to register her as British Citizenship. For that we need to provide original copies of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate which at the moment with the Home Office for my wife's application. I have a copy of my daughter's birth certificate but unfortunately I do not have a copy of marriage certificate. So what should I do now?

I would really appreciate all the gurus advices and also if anyone had similar situation please share it...
Thanks and good luck to the people who are still waiting.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Got ILR recently.. Now I've got some more queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:59 pm

jasim wrote:Dear Gurus, I hope you all are doing great. I've received my ILR last week on the basis of 10 years long residence and would like to ask you some things:

1. Now I have ILR but I am still waiting for my wife FLR(M) application. So am I eligible to apply for Child Benefit,Tax Credit and Housing Benefit? I used the Benefit Calculator in HMRC web site and found I am entitled to those benefits. If I claim benefits on my name will it affect my wife's pending application? Just for your kind information she falls in to old rule as she extended her visa last time in 2010 as a student dependent and applied for FLR (M) in January 2013. Child benefits in only your name and child tax credits in joint name. You will have to make absolutely sure that if you claim HB, you only receive single person rate otherwise this will have an effect on your wife's ILR. As soon as your wife gets FLR(M), she can apply for ILR on SET(M), so applying for HB might be worth waiting till then.

2. My 17 months old daughter was born here and I would like to register her as British Citizenship. For that we need to provide original copies of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate which at the moment with the Home Office for my wife's application. I have a copy of my daughter's birth certificate but unfortunately I do not have a copy of marriage certificate. So what should I do now? You could wait till your wife receives her documents back and then apply for MN1

I would really appreciate all the gurus advices and also if anyone had similar situation please share it...
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasim

Re: Got ILR recently.. Now I've got some more queries

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
jasim wrote:Dear Gurus, I hope you all are doing great. I've received my ILR last week on the basis of 10 years long residence and would like to ask you some things:

1. Now I have ILR but I am still waiting for my wife FLR(M) application. So am I eligible to apply for Child Benefit,Tax Credit and Housing Benefit? I used the Benefit Calculator in HMRC web site and found I am entitled to those benefits. If I claim benefits on my name will it affect my wife's pending application? Just for your kind information she falls in to old rule as she extended her visa last time in 2010 as a student dependent and applied for FLR (M) in January 2013. Child benefits in only your name and child tax credits in joint name. You will have to make absolutely sure that if you claim HB, you only receive single person rate otherwise this will have an effect on your wife's ILR. As soon as your wife gets FLR(M), she can apply for ILR on SET(M), so applying for HB might be worth waiting till then.

2. My 17 months old daughter was born here and I would like to register her as British Citizenship. For that we need to provide original copies of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate which at the moment with the Home Office for my wife's application. I have a copy of my daughter's birth certificate but unfortunately I do not have a copy of marriage certificate. So what should I do now? You could wait till your wife receives her documents back and then apply for MN1

Thank you so much CR001 for your quick reply. It is now clear to me. One thing came in to my mind that you said once my wife gets her FLR(M) she can apply for ILR. I am confused about it. I thought she would be given 2 years Further Leave to Remain then after 2 years she will be eligible for ILR. Is it right or not? Just for your kind information she has been living here in the UK with me as a Student Dependant for almost 6 years.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Sorry, I missed that part and I am not sure about student visas so maybe a guru can comment on that aspect.

But the benefits aspect of my answer is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasim

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:29 pm

CR001 wrote:Sorry, I missed that part and I am not sure about student visas so maybe a guru can comment on that aspect.

But the benefits aspect of my answer is correct.
That's fine. Thanks again CR001.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 pm

If your wife was a relevant PBS dependent, and was granted a dep visa before July 2012 then CR001 would be correct providing she had qualified (2 years). If you were married in the UK you can get a copy of the marriage certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jasim

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:27 pm

D4109125 wrote:If your wife was a relevant PBS dependent, and was granted a dep visa before July 2012 then CR001 would be correct providing she had qualified (2 years). If you were married in the UK you can get a copy of the marriage certificate.
Thanks D4109125. We got married back home 6 years ago and then 4 months after marriage my wife joined me as a Student Dependent till she applied for FLR (M). Yes, she was granted PBS Dependent before July 2012. I read somewhere that time spent as Student Dependent does not count. That's why I am still a bit confused.
Thanks agsin.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:29 pm

jasim wrote:
D4109125 wrote:If your wife was a relevant PBS dependent, and was granted a dep visa before July 2012 then CR001 would be correct providing she had qualified (2 years). If you were married in the UK you can get a copy of the marriage certificate.
Thanks D4109125. We got married back home 6 years ago and then 4 months after marriage my wife joined me as a Student Dependent till she applied for FLR (M). Yes, she was granted PBS Dependent before July 2012. I read somewhere that time spent as Student Dependent does not count. That's why I am still a bit confused.
Thanks agsin.
What tier were you on?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jasim

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:
jasim wrote:
Thanks agsin.
What tier were you on?
Tier 4

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

jasim wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
jasim wrote:
Thanks agsin.
What tier were you on?
Tier 4
'Relevant Points Based System Migrant' means a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant.

jasim

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:
jasim wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
jasim wrote:
Thanks agsin.
What tier were you on?
Tier 4
'Relevant Points Based System Migrant' means a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1
Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant.
Thank you. Is there any link or something you could provide so that i can have a look please? Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 pm

jasim

Post by jasim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks a million Amber.