ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit for Mother and sister in law chances?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Members,
I'm planning to apply family visit for my mother (widowed, aged 66) and sister in law (unmarried), they are living with their son in law who is financially quite strong owns properties and officer in a bank with earning in access of 150,000,00 PKR. I'm employed and earning 25K in UK.

She has 4 daughters in Pakistan and grand children aswell, She never saw my two boys.

Questions is applying on the basis of her son in laws financial status and dependency is acceptable? Since she never worked and been house wife all her life so no bank account no property on her name, what are the chances?

Thanks in advance

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:32 pm

anyone please?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:13 am

Hi,

Seeing as she has no strong ties i.e no job, no property and so on, it will be quite difficult to prove that she plans on going back to her home country after the visit.

This is not to say that it is impossible, but the onus would be on the applicant to convince them without any doubt of the intention to return home after the visit.

Good Luck
Regards

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:30 am

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Hi,

Seeing as she has no strong ties i.e no job, no property and so on, it will be quite difficult to prove that she plans on going back to her home country after the visit.

This is not to say that it is impossible, but the onus would be on the applicant to convince them without any doubt of the intention to return home after the visit.

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply, are you talking about my sister in law or mother in law? since I want to apply for both of them ?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm

I guess it would apply to both, but specifically our mum.

To find out if it would apply to your sister, you must answer the following questions?

1. Is your sister gainfully employed?
2. Does she own property?

Basically what ties her to her home country, as you need to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that she will return after her visit to the UK
Regards