ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do we define Economically active on Tier 1 Visa ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vivdubes

How do we define Economically active on Tier 1 Visa ?

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I was speaking to one of my friend who has ICT visa and he says that to become elligible for ILR in 2015 he has to be working with the same company

I am curious to know how does this fit in for someone who got HSMP approved but went for tier1 visa for 3 years and couldnt find job for say first 2 years and then found a job just before her extension and now again applying for her ILR based on 5 years of his stay. In all these 5 years he was on Tier 1 visa (total no of years given in this order 3+2 year).

Is he elliglble to apply for ILR ?

Many thanks

Vivian

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:22 pm

This is a hypothetical question.

For Tier 1 you should be actively employed in UK or actively looking for work in the UK then you are ok to apply for ILR.

Usually a person economically active in UK lives in UK and pays UK taxes, proof of which is your P60 and NI number which gives HO access to your tax records with HMRC.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks Mate,

I know it is a hypothetical question but what one can do if they couldnt find any job after landing in UK for first 2 years of their visa and could only manage job in the final year and got extension.. are they still elligible for the ILR ... or are they still economical active.. considering they wont have any P60s any earning etc with HMRC.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

vivdubes wrote:Thanks Mate,

I know it is a hypothetical question but what one can do if they couldnt find any job after landing in UK for first 2 years of their visa and could only manage job in the final year and got extension.. are they still elligible for the ILR ... or are they still economical active.. considering they wont have any P60s any earning etc with HMRC.
Well my answer is yes. Redundancies and not getting jobs is not in anyones hands. As long as you have enough points at the time of ILR, paid taxes, not claimed public funds, no climinal records and not many days out of the UK, you will be fine.